naturist to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naturist to be

I'm not sure if I am a naturist per se, but I do find being nude comfortable and from what I've read on the web site I am interested in )and appreciate) a nudist lifestyle.

I have one question though, what are your thoughts on shaving? I am male and I really don't like hair on my body that much, mainly my genital area, abdomen, chest, armpits and face. The only places I don't shave are my head and legs. What is the naturist opinion of shaving?

I'm not sure if I am a naturist per se, but I do find being nude comfortable and from what I've read on the web site I am interested in )and appreciate) a nudist lifestyle.

I have one question though, what are your thoughts on shaving? I am male and I really don't like hair on my body that much, mainly my genital area, abdomen, chest, armpits and face. The only places I don't shave are my head and legs. What is the naturist opinion of shaving?

Comment

Nudist accept who and how you are. Shaving or smoothie is great, Just enjoy your body the way you like to see it, feel it, and experience nude recreation, and other fellow nudist will accept the way you are without judgement of body features, adornment, or this or that. It's the person who makes the difference, not the body features.

Comment

Leaving your legs hairy while shaving everything else would look weird, but would not stop people from being your friend.

Gary is wrong about tattoos and piercings. You would be shown the door real fast at some places, you didn't ask about that so I don't know why he had to put that in.

I am hairier than Sean Connery, Burt Reynolds and Chewbacca, and yes I get a few looks, but I still have lots of friends. Ain't no big deal.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by NakedGary:
          [qb] Nudist accept who and how you are. Shaving or smoothie is great, Just enjoy your body the way you like to see it, feel it, and experience nude recreation, and other fellow nudist will accept the way you are without judgement of body features, adornment, or this or that. It's the person who makes the difference, not the body features. [/qb]
          I wish that were true Gary....

although I've not seen a problem with accepting shaving, nudists can be very judgemental and that can be proven by just reading this board.

The worst prejudice is probably that against singles but it hardly stops there. We are no better than the rest of the population.

Comment

As a general rule, we really don't bother with people who shave or don't. I shave my pubes and have never had any problem at the nudist park. In fact, I have seen many people shaven as well. I would suggest that you shave wherever you wish and be proud of it (and careful of course).

Bob S.

Comment

From what I've experienced, whether someone is in a natural state, hairless state, or somewhere in between, it doesn't matter. Everyone is accepted.

Fresh Air

Comment

thanks guys. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

depends on how conservative the person is or the resort. they all have their own silly rules. check out sunsport mid-winter festival, its coming up in february, i think you might enjoy it and you could see a lot of different people, some (like me) who don't belong to a resort but get out of the house for some nude camping fun. i will start a new post.

Comment

It's YOUR body. Set up house any way you feel comfortable. Nudity=PERSONAL comfort, not what would the JONES think if...
                    If The JONES have a problem with it, tell them to get over it.
                    I personally like the hair that I have and it's not much as far as a sweater in ANY fashion. Just where it's needed but I could care less if someone shaves. If you don't like it or want to change back, stop shaving. No loss.

Steve

Comment

Shaving isn't just for nudists. While trimming and shaving has been seen in the gay community, female nude models and females who want to wear skimpy swimsuit bottoms, removing it all has only recently become quite fashionable among the rest of us, especially among so called "metrosexual" males.

Here is an interesting link on the subject.

Here is another.

And yet another ....

Comment

When I go to a nudist place, I am usually surprised at the number of people of both sexes who are smoothies. I've never seen any males in public locker rooms who were shaved, and I think I would look stupid with my pubes shaved. But then there are a lot of other things about my body that I think are less than beautiful. It doesn't stop my enjoying being nude in a social environment and enjoying those who are and are not shaved.

By the way, please let us know how things go, and if you enjoy the experience as much as we do.

Comment

Here in the great Midwest 2002 was the summer of the smoothie. At the beginning of the season it was rare among women, by the end of the summer well over half had gone smooth.

By the end of summer 2003 about 1/3 of the guys were going smooth. I wouldn't be surprised if we 'hairies' are a minority this summer.

-Mark

Comment

I am so hairy that if 90 percent of all men shaved, there would only be a net loss of 10 percent of the world's body hair. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Trailscout:
                              [qb] I am so hairy that if 90 percent of all men shaved, there would only be a net loss of 10 percent of the world's body hair. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [/qb]
                              Oh really? Have small children ever pointed at you in the pool and asked why that man is wearing a sweater?
                              -Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X