HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!

Hi, I just recently came out of the nudist "closet" after being motivated by this site. last wekend I decied to go to a nudist resort. I showed up and stripped down. as I was walking through the resort I felt like throwing up. I dismissed it as jitters from being a first timer. but while walking I accidently bumped into a man who obviously, was in the nude. He said " sorry my bad." this is when it all fell apart. I couldn't respond. I just kept stuttering and slurring, I was just too nevous. After going through similar encounters with others in the resort I left. I,ve allways enjoyed being in the nude but when in a social nudism enviroment I fall apart. now i ask of your help should I go to another resort or retire to only being nude by my self?

Hi, I just recently came out of the nudist "closet" after being motivated by this site. last wekend I decied to go to a nudist resort. I showed up and stripped down. as I was walking through the resort I felt like throwing up. I dismissed it as jitters from being a first timer. but while walking I accidently bumped into a man who obviously, was in the nude. He said " sorry my bad." this is when it all fell apart. I couldn't respond. I just kept stuttering and slurring, I was just too nevous. After going through similar encounters with others in the resort I left. I,ve allways enjoyed being in the nude but when in a social nudism enviroment I fall apart. now i ask of your help should I go to another resort or retire to only being nude by my self?

Comment

Why not go with someone you know? Or ask the office to introduce you to someone that can show you around and help you feel more comfortable?

Instead of wandering around try finding a seat and relaxing for awhile.

Comment

wow mollyx, sorry to hear that your first experience was so horrible. maybe you should take cyndiann's advice about getting at least one person who you know to go with you so you have someone to take your mind off the nervousness. probably it was not a good idea to go alone. maybe you should try a nude beach first with a friend??

Comment

Sometimes for a first timer a nudist resort or club can be a bit overwhelming especially if you are expected to go nude all the time.Why not try a clothing optional beach or resort where you have no pressure to go nude and where you can spend a bit of time collecting yourself and mingling with the locals before stripping,even if this takes you a couple of visits.Years of textile thought mind control takes a while to break down,i know i spent 20 years going to nude beaches before i got the courage to visit a club,but believe me it is well worth it,the friends you make at a club are the best. just take your time...Breath.....relax..enjoy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi Molly,
            Do you practice nudity at home? This might help a lot as you would be more comfortable nude and as mentioned by others, invite a friend to join you. It is a great feeling of freedom and you should enjoy it.

Comment

Hi Molly,

It was nerve wrecking for me too. I would suggest starting out on a weekday and perhaps avoiding people initially. I don't know that that is a good idea at a beach, but I'm sure at some resorts there are quiet little nitches where you can get used to and ease into social nudism.

Fresh Air

Comment

[b]
                Hey, Molly, where do you live? I'll go with you. That way, we can be nervous to the point of jeopardizing our health together. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Molly, you are not ready yet for social nudism. From your description, you had a much more extreme reaction than simple "first time jitters." Are you a shy person regularly? You make the ending statement asking if you should be nude by yourself, so am I to also assume that you are single? If shyness and anxiety in social situations is prevalent in other aspects of your life, then you may consider looking for professional help.

Don't give up on yourself. Just try to ask yourself why you reacted like you did at the nudist park and figure out what can be done to remedy the situation. Until then, you may have to skip the nudist social scene. I wish you well.

Bob S.

Comment

Molly, talk to the people who run the resort where you went and let them know what problems you are having and I bet they'll be able to help you acclimatise..and do go with a friend for sure.

Comment

Molly, you should talk to some of your female friends about your nudism. In my expeerience most woman are not to judgemental about being a nudist even if they don't agree with it. Since talking to my sister n law, plus 2 of my wifes friends I have found out they are all totally fine with nudism and actually want to join my wife and I at the beach or a club, but unfortunately my wife isn't that into it yet(this old story). I think you might find a friend to visit with you and for those friends who don't agree with naturism I don't think they are going to think any less of you.

T.

Comment

Hi!

I haven't had my first experience, and I'm nervous about it - but I'm excited about it even more!

I think going to a place where there will be a lot of people may be a bit much at first. I decided at the suggestion of someone here, to find a like minded friend, and to explore social nudity with them before taking the deep plunge. I've been nosing around and have found some like minded friends - most of them are guys, but hey, what can I say? This isn't about sex, and they are good friends of mine. I never knew they were thinking along the same lines I am.

Anyway, one of them has a pool with a privacy fence. We plan on going skinny dipping one night - the cover of night will help ease us into the new lifestyle. After getting comfortable with one another, we are thinking of a group vacation at a resort, or maybe just visiting a beach.

Anyway, if you are like me (and you sound like you are), really nervous and shy but willing, trying easing yourself into it first instead of an all-at-once approach.

At any rate, stick around here and let me know how you do. Maybe we can give each other encouragement along the way.

Good luck.

Comment

There sure is a lot of good support here. I'm sure Skyclad's post is very comforting to Molly. Remember Molly, the folks around you at a resort where everyone is of a sane mind are on your side too. They won't hurt you and they will do everything they can to help you.

Comment

Working...
                          X