Should I Tell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Tell?

My names Dave im 19 and live with my parents from michigan. Ive considered myself a semi nudist for about a year now since Im only nude when knowone is home and at night before and while i sleep. I really love the freedom and the feel of being nude around the house when knowone is home but im tired of hiding it from my family. My parents probably wouldnt approve but do you think I should tell them that i like being nude all the time? My goal would being able to be nude all day at least in my room without my parents caring or maybe even more. What does everyone think, responses would be helpful. Thanks, Dave..

My names Dave im 19 and live with my parents from michigan. Ive considered myself a semi nudist for about a year now since Im only nude when knowone is home and at night before and while i sleep. I really love the freedom and the feel of being nude around the house when knowone is home but im tired of hiding it from my family. My parents probably wouldnt approve but do you think I should tell them that i like being nude all the time? My goal would being able to be nude all day at least in my room without my parents caring or maybe even more. What does everyone think, responses would be helpful. Thanks, Dave..

Comment

Hi Dave,
      To call yourself a "semi nudist" is a little like a woman saying she is just a little bit pregnant---you are or you are not! Perhaps what you realy ment to say was that you are not fully committed to being a nudist unless you can have your famlies blessing to be one. Again, the committment is YOURS not theirs to make. You are or you are not! At 19 yrs old you should be making lots of indipendent decisions by now. Not all the decisions you will ever make will please everyone, including your parents. If you are respectful and honest about your desires, what ever they might be, and conduct yourself with intergety you will have met most of what is required when dealing with others in an adult world.

Comment

Wassup DAve. I am 20 (almost 21) and i know how hard it is to break away from the parentals. It all depends on if you just know they would be against it and if you just don't want to discuss it with them. I just wouldn't tell my parents about it. I am an extremely private person and things that I do are my business and mine alone. So basically, it is all on you.

Comment

Don't tell them unless they ask you first, but if they ask you if you are then don't lie, tell them truth. I mean when it comes down to it, it's non of there business, just tell them if they ask you and don't hide that you are a nudist (like if you go away to a nudist beach and take some pictures don't hide them away keep them with the rest of your pictures).

Comment

Dave,
            Exactly how opposed are your parents to nudity? Do you think it will cause a major argument and your being told to leave the house, or just a few days of them being upset with you? What makes you think they are opposed to it? Have they seen you nude recently and had an adverse reaction? In reading posts on this and other forums, I have noticed that many young people overestimate the reaction of their parents. If you are 19, you should have the right to make your own choices, but remember that those choices must not violate house rules or the rights of others. If you think of your room as being "your house" and the halls and other common areas as being "public areas", you being nude in your room with the door closed shouldn't be a major issue. However, going into the "public areas" requires that you follow the laws (house rules) which are set by your parents. Some people would suggest that you start being more open about your nudity and "accidently get caught" being nude. They suggest leaving your door partially open while nude in your room, or walking nude from the shower to your room. But each person has to decide if these tactics are right for them. They need to assess what their parent's response will be. Some parents may ingore it, while others would disclaim you and throw your still naked butt out of the house never to return. Not knowing your situation specifically, we can only provide suggestions for you to consider.

I wish you well in whatever you choose. Please let us know how you handle it, and how it works for you.

Comment

Ketchum Maine is correct. Maybe if you 'accidently' get caught, then you will find out almost instantly, your parents stand on your nudity.

But, as I stated in a similar post, even though you are 19 and living in 'their' house, you are at the mercy of 'their house rules'. Simply being nude in your room is a private 'haven' for you, but the rest of the house is their space as well, so it would be up to them, as to allowing you to roam around nude.

Lots of luck and please let us know what the outcome is.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I think im just gonna leave my door open when Im sleeping so when Im going to bed and waking up they might see me. Im sure someone will eventually see me so we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Lots of luck. Keep us informed.

Comment

I agree it is their home and their rules must be adhered to. It may always be a safe haven for the children, but when the children grow up they usually leave and start their own home. You do have certain freedoms in your parents home while living there but you will always be restricted by your parents rules.

As far as coming out and telling them about your nudity I agree with the others about letting them catch you nude accidently. I would also suggest wearing as little as you can get by with. I think this would help in getting them use to seeing more of you body.

I, too, wish you good luck.

Comment

When the timing is right (like while discussing a movie that might have contained a nude scene), you can start a casual conversation about nudity in general and have it progress to your interest.

Comment

These parent-teen situations are like a soap opera. Each one comes with it's own circumstances, backgrounds, and personalities. I am on the edge of my seat to see how it all works out.

Comment

I wouldn't tell them yet...wait until you're out of the house, and then tell them. The aquwardness of the whole thing might be very strange on both parts.

Comment

Hello Dave, I'd say to test the waters first...casually bring up a safe article in the paper..Something involving naked, nude ect..Discuss it an see how they feel...I wouldn't do it such that it causes irreputable damage..If it's important to you as it is to me, then maybe it's ok to wait. Maybe a book, magizine...bumpersticker being seen can spark a conversation on it...Nothing wrong with being patient such that 6 months from now your naked at their/your home an they call to see if the coast is clear...In my experiences (usa) nudity+ humans=sex the sex (lord knows why !) scares others So to reveal your interests in a safe, nonsexual way may require some navigation. That dosn't mean anyone is bad/wrong change takes time. If I may suggest, your being seen by accident while going to/from the shower may test the waters safely...ie the door is open to let out some of the moisture. Please whatever the outcome let us know how you
                            do. Bury me, as I was born, naked an smiling

Comment

Talk it over with your parents. You're almost "legal" age, so they'll be more apt to take your thoughts and feelings seriously.
                              Don't be too surprised if they decide to join you and even go with you to a nudist resort.
                              Either way, your conscience should be your guide and you should live free of any guilt concerning a perfectly healthy choice of lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X