Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Naturist Forums

Hi everyone,
    This is my first posting. I discovered nudism ten years ago on Baker Beach in San Francisco and it only took me about twenty minutes to take a look and decide it was for me.
    Deciding to take part in nudist forums took me a little longer--a few weeks, but I finally decided that it looked like the place for someone like me.
    I haven't been to the beach so much in recent years because I have become more concerned about exposure to the sun and skin cancer. So, I wonder what other kinds of activities there are that naturist do besides sun-bathing.
    Peace,
    Kevin

Hi everyone,
    This is my first posting. I discovered nudism ten years ago on Baker Beach in San Francisco and it only took me about twenty minutes to take a look and decide it was for me.
    Deciding to take part in nudist forums took me a little longer--a few weeks, but I finally decided that it looked like the place for someone like me.
    I haven't been to the beach so much in recent years because I have become more concerned about exposure to the sun and skin cancer. So, I wonder what other kinds of activities there are that naturist do besides sun-bathing.
    Peace,
    Kevin

Comment

Welcome, glad to see you joining in!

Buy an umbrella and set up camp with shade! It still feels great to be outside and have that breeze blowing around you, even if not in the direct sun!

Enjoy the forum!
      Dee

Comment

Thanks Dee,
        It's the most obvious idea, I wonder why I never made a habit of carrying an umbrella. Often the thought of going to the nude beach would come to me so spontaneously that half the time I didn't even stop to go home for a towel--I'd be riding the bus through San Francisco and all of a sudden the fog would burn off.
        Of course, on summer weekends when the weather is perfect, the nude section of Baker Beach can seem about as crowded as a movie theater, so, settling down with an umbrella just anywhere among the sun worshippers could be as problematic as sitting down at the theater wearing a top hat.
        Peace,
        Kevin

Comment

The sun can indeed be an issue at beaches, and you're wise to give that some thought. Southern California has many naturist clubs and clothing optional opportunities; probably all of them provide the chance to enjoy a warm day without clothes while sitting in the shade. Check them out and ask your questions.

Comment

Welcome, dude.

Baker Beach is a nice one indeed. I hope to be able to get back there sometime this year. Have you had the chance to visit any of the others in the Bay Area?

UW

Comment

Welcome to the forums.

Comment

Welcome!! If you check into a resort, you will find various indoor activities to get into.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Unwired:
                  Welcome, dude.

Baker Beach is a nice one indeed. I hope to be able to get back there sometime this year. Have you had the chance to visit any of the others in the Bay Area?

UW

UW, Sorry to say I haven't. Baker seemed to have everything I expected in a nude beach--although I never made it to the more secluded beach just north of BAker (i.e. over the extremely treacherous rocks or by a pathway I never looked for). Baker Beach has always been fantastic whenever the weather permits sunbathing. And even if it doesn't there's still the views of Marin County and the Golden Gate or the hypnotic sound of the fog horn. Of course, I've been there a few times when the temperature was just about bone-chilling and seen at least one or two brave, defiant souls determined to do the nudist thing in spite of it all!
                  Peace,
                  Kevin

Comment

Welcome to the forums, Kevin!!

Comment

Working...
                    X