Perving or Admiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perving or Admiring?

I'm, webmaster for Maslin Beach in South Australia. The url is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/maslin_beach/

Last week I was sitting by myself and not far in front of me was a group of Gay Females, not that there is anything wrong with that, BUT! Along came a NEWBI and placed himself in between me and the girls. I though oh, oh, he was looking at the girls and honestly I can't blame him some of them were cute. This is beside the point, he was there with a small esky and he took out a beer lit a smoke and continued to admire the girls. He was there for about 5 min only.

well one of the girls felt uncomfortable I can't blame her, again what's wrong in looking! She started to call out to the men in the group about this guy and the guy started to get up and put his clothes on, I could tell he was concerned about the large group stirring, so he was putting on his clothes ready to leave.

When all of a sudden the girl in her twenties confronted the guy also in his early twenties and she kicked over the guys eski thinking he was secretly taking photos of them! As she kicked the eski over I saw everything inside the eski it was only beer and ice. No camera! I saw everthing and was appalled at this most unfortunate incident!

The poor guy started to run and then the girl started to run after the guy, this was quite a scene. I do not think that the guy will be back! If I saw him doing something he ought not to be doing I would've told him politely to move on or help educate him about ethics of being a nudist.

The Secrity Beach patrol came and started to look for this guy, some might call it perving I call it admiring. I told the guys in the group I was totally disgusted with the Over Reaction of the girl and that I never saw a camera in his eski!

I as a webmaster of the First Legal Nudist Beach in Australia was concerned at how people can overreact at times to a situation that started of to be harmless.

Whenever I take photos of someone on the beach I first ask their permission some say yes and most say no. They say no because they do not want any of their friends to know that they visit a nudist beach? I understand this!

Please if anyone has the time please visit my web and make a POSITIVE statement about the beauty of
    being natural and naked.

Best Regards, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Mazlinite

I'm, webmaster for Maslin Beach in South Australia. The url is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/maslin_beach/

Last week I was sitting by myself and not far in front of me was a group of Gay Females, not that there is anything wrong with that, BUT! Along came a NEWBI and placed himself in between me and the girls. I though oh, oh, he was looking at the girls and honestly I can't blame him some of them were cute. This is beside the point, he was there with a small esky and he took out a beer lit a smoke and continued to admire the girls. He was there for about 5 min only.

well one of the girls felt uncomfortable I can't blame her, again what's wrong in looking! She started to call out to the men in the group about this guy and the guy started to get up and put his clothes on, I could tell he was concerned about the large group stirring, so he was putting on his clothes ready to leave.

When all of a sudden the girl in her twenties confronted the guy also in his early twenties and she kicked over the guys eski thinking he was secretly taking photos of them! As she kicked the eski over I saw everything inside the eski it was only beer and ice. No camera! I saw everthing and was appalled at this most unfortunate incident!

The poor guy started to run and then the girl started to run after the guy, this was quite a scene. I do not think that the guy will be back! If I saw him doing something he ought not to be doing I would've told him politely to move on or help educate him about ethics of being a nudist.

The Secrity Beach patrol came and started to look for this guy, some might call it perving I call it admiring. I told the guys in the group I was totally disgusted with the Over Reaction of the girl and that I never saw a camera in his eski!

I as a webmaster of the First Legal Nudist Beach in Australia was concerned at how people can overreact at times to a situation that started of to be harmless.

Whenever I take photos of someone on the beach I first ask their permission some say yes and most say no. They say no because they do not want any of their friends to know that they visit a nudist beach? I understand this!

Please if anyone has the time please visit my web and make a POSITIVE statement about the beauty of
    being natural and naked.

Best Regards, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Mazlinite

Comment

The girls didn't like the WAY he was looking at them, apparently. There's a difference between admiring and oogling. Those being oogled can tell the difference.

Isn't Maslin south of Adelaide? We drove down there one time and didn't see a soul there. Later on, we were in Perth and had a great time on the nude beach just west of there. Must have been about 100 people of mixed sexes there. Played some good volleyball. The snorkeling was kinda so-so.

Ralph

Comment

Have I missed something? Why is this topic entitled "Very Important"?

Rik

Comment

At least it got your attention, even though you never bothered to say something positive!

The guy I was talking about was on the beach for about 5 minutes in my opinion he was admiring someone of the opposite sex! No harm in that!

The problem was when the Over-Reactive Lesbian kicked his eski over thinking he was filming her secretly! But he wasn't!

If anyone has a hard time being looked at whose problem is it? I understand the difference between googling and admiring! I'm 51 and a long time being a nudist, I have a very open mind!

I was however asking for positive feedback directed to my website in South Australia. The Beach Patrol is out in force because of this mishap! I personally dislike beach patrols every half hour!

Even though we were the First Beach in Australia to become a Legal nudist beach, most people have a hard time having their photo taken because they do not wish their friends to know there are visiting the nudist beach!

I understand this thinking, it will take time to RELAX knowing:
          1) It is ok to be looked at
          2) It is ok to feel what you feel
          3) It takes time to be able to relax in an unfamilier enviroment
          4) You don't have to go nude the first time you visit a nudist beach
          5) Slowly allow yourself to walk amoungst the crowd.
          6) If your a woman first go topless
          7) In your own time celabrate with friends your new Birthday Suit!
          Enjoy, relax, be yourself in the moment, dont want to then dont, wanna leave then leave.

Eventually I hope you feel the inner power of FREEDOM. People often mention to me of perving. To tell you the truth I seldom see it these days, maybe because I'm not affected by it!

I want to thank the individuals for making this Clothes Free Forum possible.

Mazlinite

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Mazlinite:
            [qb]At least it got your attention, even though you never bothered to say something positive!
            [/qb]
            The purpose of a topic heading is to give some indication as to the content of the topic. The fact that it "got my attention" served only to irritate me because you thought you could manipulate me which is why I felt completely disinclined to make any positive comment.

Rik

Comment

Hi Rik,
              I want to thank you for your input, it was not my intention to irritate you or anyone else! I have changed the title :-) I hope nobody else felt easily irritated and easily manipulated as you choose to think and feel!

I'm a person with a high level of tolerance and only look at what you said as positive [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
              Maz

Comment

It depends on how much looking the man was doing. A glance to admire the beauty is one thing and usually tolerated, though it can still be misinterpreted, and some people WON'T tolerate it. However, just plain staring is another matter, and no one likes that being done to them. Although I guess it depends on who is being stared at and who is doing the staring in some cases.

I seem to offend some people when I say something like this, but I'm saying it anyway. I have a serious problem with other men staring at me and obviously being interested in me, and this has been done. Sometimes I say something depending on the circumstances. However, at my age few women show any interest in me, and I'm very flattered when one does. If a woman were to stare, I would assume she was hard up if she's looking at me and not too particular, but I would still be flattered. I might even strike up a conversation with her if she's not TOO old. Though my mother is gone, I'm not looking for a replacement. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[QUOTE]Isn't Maslin south of Adelaide?
                  Hi Ralph,

Yes Maslin Beach is about 45 min South of Adelaide, or two hours if your riding a Push Bike!

Depending on the time of day and year you might be lucky to have the beach all to yourself. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I have also lived in Perth for two/half years and frequently visited the nudist beach that your are referring to. I saved somebody's life there many years ago a young lad was caught in an under tow with huge waves.
                  I am originally from Cornwall, Europe but have travelled the world for the last 30 years. I was studying Bodywork & Massage at the Santa Fe College of natural Medicine and also at the Gifion School of bodywork and massage in Berkeley [Bezerkly] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
                  I was very fortunate to also study with Milton Trager if you have never had a Trager massage I highly recommend you get one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                  Take Care.....oh just before I go I also spent a great deal of time at Harbin Hotsprings Middleton CA what a great place that was to work in [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] If you have never been please go it is brilliant!
                  Maz

Comment

Hi Jon-Marc,

Well anyone who can make me laugh and still see the serious side to this very important issue deserves 5 Points [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Well said and I can't aggree more, enjoy your life my friend and thank you for your input!
                    Maz

Comment

To All,

I find the biggest difference between staring and admiring to be:

Time spent doing so, and the textile dress of the individuals involved in the act.

Oh, and I agree the "lady" acted unappropriately with her behavior, but then again so could have the guy if the amount of time he spent looking at her was excessive. Sorry not taking sides in this one, since I wasn't there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Greensunshine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                      In the Pacific NW

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Jon-Marc:
                        [qb]If a woman were to stare, I would assume she was hard up if she's looking at me and not too particular, but I would still be flattered. I might even strike up a conversation with her if she's not TOO old.[/qb]
                        Jon-Marc, Why are you always putting yourself down? If you can't learn to love yourself then you can't expect anyone else to. And why not strike up a conversation with someone old enough to be your mother? Ever thought that perhaps they might appreciate it.

Now repeat after me: "I am a beautiful person, I am a beautiful person, I am a beautiful person..." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Rik

Comment

To many unknowns to take a side on this one. I would have had to have been there. It would seem though that since no camera was found she was wrong on at least one point.

I have been to enough beaches to know that the problem of pervs is real. Honestly if that is what they want why not go to a strip club or rent a video? sheesh!

Perhaps this girl and had a bad experience once with some guy sneaking around with a concealed video camera. I have been on a beach once where this was the case. A bunch of guys got up and talked to him and somehow his camera bag fell into the water. He was filming children.

I have noticed that it is harder to strike up a conversation with a stranger at a nude beach than at a club or resort. I think most of us have our guard up here. Where as at a club or resort we are more comfortable, feel safe or whatever. There is a little tension. Part of it may be due to new or first time visitors. But some of it is due to the slightly creepy characters that roam up and down the beach looking for something.

Perhaps we are a little paranoid. But it takes so little to ruin a good spot or to confirm all those negative stereotypes.

Comment

Rik,

I was severely abused by my cruel, unloving "dad". Nearly everything he said to me was a put down. Because of my fear of him--actually, I was TERRIFIED of him--I grew up with a severe stutter which I've learned to control most of the time. It still crops up when I get nervous or try to talk too fast. I also grew up with absolutely NO self-confidence. I was very afraid of everybody as a child thanks to him. To this day, also thanks to him, I don't feel worthy to be loved.

In the past whenever a horse needed to be broken, it was necessary to break his will without breaking his spirit. Once his spirit was broken, he was useless. My "dad" broke my spirit, and it's never been repaired. Professional help is for people with lots of money, and I don't fit into that catagory. The one time I got free counselling at the VA Medical Center turned me against free help when he criticised my religious beliefs as unimportant. You get what you pay for, or so I've heard.

At my age I don't believe telling myself something--even over and over--that I don't believe will do any good. Nor do I believe that it will undo the damage my "dad" had 19 years to cause until I finally graduated from high school and left home.

I've made it nearly 57 years with my negative attitude. It will more than likely be with me for the rest of my miserable existence.

Sorry to dump this on you folks, but Rik did ask me why I keep putting myself down. Well, now you know. Do you have any idea the damage that constant criticizing can do to a young impressionable mind--particularly when the person doing the criticising is one of the two most important people in your life, one who has complete authority over you and whose word is law to you? I grew up at a time when that statement was true. Now, parents' rights have been taken away, and they have very little control over their kids. There are still cruel parents and damaged children, but the law is at least TRYING to protect the children. Where were they when I was being abused, my spirit broken, trodden down and destroyed?

Well-meaning people always say, "Just think positively." That's easy for them to say when they had a loving dad and are very self-confident. I was also sexually abused by a "gay" brother. Does that help to explain my dislike of the "gay" lifestyle? That abuse went on for 5 years.

Comment

Jon-Marc
                              Last summer at Turtle Lake, we talked and played horseshoes. I really enjoyed myself and I'm looking forward to a rematch this summer. I saw nothing wrong with you. I think you are a great person and fun to talk with.

Comment

Working...
                              X