People in the Arts and Nudism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People in the Arts and Nudism

I was just wondering how many of you out there were involved in the arts? (All arts, that is: visual, dramatic, musical, literary...) My gut feeling is that such people are usually more open to new ideas and less hung up on body shame than non-artistic types. Certainly my own artistic involvement opened my eyes so that I was open to being naked when I discovered Christian nudism.

Also, how do your artistic friends feel about the subject?

I was just wondering how many of you out there were involved in the arts? (All arts, that is: visual, dramatic, musical, literary...) My gut feeling is that such people are usually more open to new ideas and less hung up on body shame than non-artistic types. Certainly my own artistic involvement opened my eyes so that I was open to being naked when I discovered Christian nudism.

Also, how do your artistic friends feel about the subject?

Comment

Interesting thought. I've been studying acting for a few years, and have done some local theater. I've also done some stand up comedy - which is an art - you try it! Part of the reason I wanted to experience nudism was because I was very self-conscious on stage, and would sometimes be almost unbearably nervous. Has it helped? Well, I hope to find out this fall! As yet, I haven't really discussed this with any of my "artistic" friends.

Comment

Well, I am addicted to writing. If I keep it up long enough, I'm sure that someone will want to buy a few words from me.

Sadly, I don't know too many others in the arts (except martial which doesn't count). There was one in college that I was very good friends with but he came from an uber-conservative family. In fact, we joked with him that he hadn't said the "f" word. I have no doubt that he would take a very textile approach to nudity.

Bob S.

Comment

Me! Me!
          i do visual art. paint, draw, and do the professional art thing too. The wonderful thing about attending a nudist venue is the availablity of models!
          But I have another question for this forum... Would you, as a nudist, enjoy, or feel uncomfortable if you noticed someone sketching you as you were doing what you were doing? Many times I see situations that I find interesting and wonder if I should start drawing. Most times it would be an intrusion to stop them to "ask" permission, but I usually just put the scene to memory and redraw it later. I fully respect a person's privacy and do not take photographs... but do you feel the same way about someone doing art?
          Back to this forum...I don't think that there are any more arts related people as nudists, but I do think that arts related folks are more open about nudity and because we are always scrutinized with our "performance", we don't mind the fact that others may "see" us for what we are.

Comment

Me too....I do drawing painting and photography....I have done paintings nude at nude beaches...but none of anyone close up and recognizable... Interesting question... I think an artist sketching at the beach would be given more slack than someone taking photos....As in the amount of time it takes for a skech it would not be an exact likeness of th naturist subject like a photo might...

Comment

Quote from FLslimguy -
              "- but I do think that arts related folks are more open about nudity"

This is certainly true of persons who draw, paint, sculpt from the nude model.

A difference between nudists (at a resort) and a nude model, is that the experienced nude model does not feel uncomfortable by the artists of an art group continually having to "stare" at them during the creative process.

Comment

I find that when I paint under the shade of large trees located on a large beach at a big resort, persons freely come up to me to see what I am painting and they many times start extended conversations and I find it a wonderful way for my "not feeling alone" at the resort.

Some nude persons want to model for me right there and then on the beach, but I do not take them up on it, as I don't think they realize how long and tedious modeling is, and I am no "quick sketch" artist, but paint slowly and laboriously.

Comment

im in the musical art side of things..its really great i get to fuse my 2 passions in life into one.being nude and playing music..so i started the nekkid monday band..theres a song on the front page of this site in the nudes in the news section check it out and see what you think..its all original nude music and of course we perform nude too..listen and enjoy..dont forget it is a free download..burn it and send it to all your friends! thanks shane

Comment

David 77...Good point about the difference between a model and a naturist...I too paint very slowly but found the rapid gesture draw ings of life drawing classes to be very valuable in speeding up the process of capturing the essence of live models quickly...Outdoorbare [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Anybody seen the group...Nude Boys Singing ..and care to comment? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I write quite a bit & have been published a few times. I've only made ten dollars from it so far, though.....plus a couple of prizes.
                        I do a little sketching and painting, but am nott very good at it at all.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by FLslimguy:
                          [qb] But I have another question for this forum... Would you, as a nudist, enjoy, or feel uncomfortable if you noticed someone sketching you as you were doing what you were doing? [/qb]
                          I would be flattered! I've had just enough training in painting to know that the first thing you learn is how to SEE--not to take a quick look and overlay your own preconceptions, but to look long and see what's there. That's a much different approach from that of some "noodie" photographers who only have eyes for their own gratification--but the truly great photographers really see, too.

Comment

I suppose one of my concerns is NOT so much that people would perceive me as a gawker..or worse...because if I am doing "public" art, I sketch, I glance, I draw some more... in fact, I've done so many drawings of the nude that I just need to occasionally glance to get a hint at a form or how light might hit the body. So I'm really rather low-key.

But I do think my question is more one of wondering whether people feel ripped off by me "using" them. A nude model in my studio gets paid (unless i'm doing a commission of someone), but people in public are just there and I wonder if I am taking advantages that I shouldn't. But I never take photos and that seems to be the only restriction at the club I am a member of.

I may be an exception to all this, but I wish I'd see someone else doing what I do... and using ME! Heck, i'd go up to them and ask how they wanted me to pose!

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Jochanaan:
                              [qb]
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by FLslimguy:
                              [qb] But I have another question for this forum... Would you, as a nudist, enjoy, or feel uncomfortable if you noticed someone sketching you as you were doing what you were doing? [/qb]
                              I would be flattered! I've had just enough training in painting to know that the first thing you learn is how to SEE--not to take a quick look and overlay your own preconceptions, but to look long and see what's there. That's a much different approach from that of some "noodie" photographers who only have eyes for their own gratification--but the truly great photographers really see, too. [/qb]
                              If he or she were that desperate for a model, I'd be delighted.

Comment

Working...
                              X