Spouse won't go nude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse won't go nude

I have been thinking about trying nudism for some time now (having my reservations addressed on this board for about a week) and would like to give it a shot this summer when the weather's a little warmer. The only problem is, my husband doesn't want to join me. When we talked about it, he said to "go ahead and try it," but he sees no attraction to being nude in front of others. I don't want to go to a park without him, but I also don't want to miss out on something I might enjoy.

What should we do? Are there parks that allow one spouse to remain clothed, or would that seem inappropriate? Are there other options? I would appreciate hearing from anyone who may have been in a similar situation before. Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-Ottergirl

I have been thinking about trying nudism for some time now (having my reservations addressed on this board for about a week) and would like to give it a shot this summer when the weather's a little warmer. The only problem is, my husband doesn't want to join me. When we talked about it, he said to "go ahead and try it," but he sees no attraction to being nude in front of others. I don't want to go to a park without him, but I also don't want to miss out on something I might enjoy.

What should we do? Are there parks that allow one spouse to remain clothed, or would that seem inappropriate? Are there other options? I would appreciate hearing from anyone who may have been in a similar situation before. Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-Ottergirl

Comment

I have the inverse of your problem. If your husband is willing to go with but does not wish to disrobe, you could search out if the club/resort has a clothing optional policy. That way he could still go with. If he just doesn't want to see anyone but you naked , but is willing to let you go on your own (my situation), find out what the club's policy on married but coming alone is. But above all,enjoy yourself.

Comment

Yeah, everyone on this board has the inverse of your problem...

Patience goes a long way. I started nuding about 2 years ago. The first summer, I talked my wife into visiting a place that was CO (clothing optional), and we (well, she really) had a bad experience. It's a long story, and I don't want to go into it now, cuz it would take up a long time and be a big post and RT hates big posts and...oops, back to the point.

THE POINT:
        So that killed it for that summer, the next summer I didn't mention about going to a social place, just did my nude thing at home. This year, I decided to join without her, I talked to her about it (that's important, keep the lines of communication open and always always always be honest with your hub.) and she was very understanding and I have been going to swims for a coupla months now. I always tell her about them and answer any questions she has. She is getting more curious about them. I am hoping that when she sees that nothing "bad" is gonna happen as a result of me getting naked with others of like mind, she will give it a try. But I do not push, I just kinda nudge once in a while...

Good luck...don't despair...sorry RT...............<"))))))>{

PS...Get off that durned phone!!! It's just rude to talk on the phone when we are all tryin' to give you good advice!!...just kidding... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Ottergirl77:
          [qb]I have been thinking about trying nudism for some time now (having my reservations addressed on this board for about a week) and would like to give it a shot this summer when the weather's a little warmer. The only problem is, my husband doesn't want to join me.[/qb]
          Hi Ottergirl,

Many nudist groups have non-nudist events just for socializing and getting to meet new people. For instance here in Toledo the Great Lakes Sun Seekers is having a Bowling and Pizza party in May.

Such events are ideal for people who are curious about nudism but not quite ready to jump in yet, or for the nudist with a reluctant or nervous spouse who won't go to a 'nude' event.

It gives people a chance to meet real nudists and see how ordinary and non-threatening we are [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

You are very fortunate to have 4 nudist clubs that operate in your area, 3 travel clubs and one landed club. You might want to check out their activity schedules online or give them a shout to see if they have any good events.

Sun Lovers Under Gray Skies

Free Spirits: 206-746-4945

Forest Murmers: 360-459-5214

Fraternity Snoqualmie

-Mark

Comment

Try LARC up on Lake McMurray. Look in places to go nude. It is very low key C/O. Friendly people. My wife wears a towel around when walking around and just disrobes for the hot tub and sunning. Most people were clothed the weekend we went up. I felt a bit weird being totally nekkid (except for shoes and sunglasses). Check it out. You'll both have fun. Just talk aboout it and relax.

Comment

I'm an "inverse" too. My advice is to try a beach too, if you have any. They are always clothing optional, he can enjoy the beach with a suit while you enjoy it suitless beside him. It's nice to see that your open in your communications about it. The fact that he is accepting of it means alot too.

Comment

My wife doesn't care to be nude either. She did come with me to a nude beach for 4 days while we were on vacation in florida.
                We had talked about it alot and she felt ok about it but wasn't real sure untill we got there.
                Of course as soon as we set foot on the beach I stopped to take my clothes off. She Seemed a bit concerned that I got naked so quickly before she had a chance to second guess herself, but it turned out fine. Nobody cared that I was nude and she was clothed. I'm sure most nude parks have the same type of thing all the time.

Go give it a try. Maybe after being there for a little while he will change his mind.

Steve

Comment

Welcome Ottergirl77! The clothing optional resort is a great suggestion. This allows your hubby time to ease into the experience. How does your husband feel about home nudity? If you can get him use to the two of you being naked throughout the day at home it might assist his his comfort level for social nudity.

Comment

I have had this problem (inverse) for my entire life. I used to sneak and hide it, but I have found that it is best to be open about it. My girlfriend doesn't get it, yet she allows me to be naked around her at home and said (said... hasn't happened yet) that I can go to events without her. I do find that she is staying nude longer and longer each time we are together, but to me, it is being naked all the time... for the rest of my life... that I really would love to be able to do. She doesn't understand why I want that, but we all know how good it feels and if she would try it she would like it too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I went to a resort where a man had brought his clothed wife with him and within an hour she removed her clothes and refused to put them back on as they were leaving. She said, and I quote, "I ain't never wearing clothes again." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I can only hope that that happens to you and me... and everyone else that has a textile spouse. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Good Luck, don't force it, and don't try to neglect your love for nudity because of him. If we were ment to run around naked all day then we would not have been born with clothes on. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] Suntied [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
                    I was serious!

Comment

At the risk of straying a bit off topic, I have to say this is the first time I have heard of a woman trying to figure out how to get her husband to join in.

The usual pattern, extremely common on this and other forums, is the man looking for advice on how to get his wife to even consider going. The usual reluctance is based on body image issues or thinking that nude is wrong.

Without knowing your husband's age, I am making an assumption that locker room nudity has been somewhere in his life experience. Maybe talking about his past experiences might help you understand where the reluctance comes from.

Communication, communication, communication is the key. Tell him about why you like to be nude and why it is fun for you to be nude around others who enjoy the same. Make it personal, without trying to convince him that he must join you. Talk about the feeling of sun and breeze on your body.

Others have mentioned the clothing-optional resort route. I think that is a great idea, since it would give him the choice of when (or if) he actually takes off his clothes. But, I would also encourage some private non-sexual nude time so he can get used to the experience. Fear of arousal can be a big deal to guys.

Comment

Risk of straying off topic...hoo! hoo! hoo!...that's a good one nudeinmt!!!

Yeah, I think naked time at home is essential before venturing out in public. Gets you used to being naked in unfamiliar surroundings if you know what I mean. Like the living room, kitchen, garage...go outside if you can...at the bank or the A & P if your town allows it...

I know, I always go too far...go figure!

Comment

Wouldn't the Inverse of a spouse not wanting to be nude be,
                          A spouse not wanting to get Dressed???

Just Curious.
                          [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
                          Steve

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Nude in the North:
                            [qb]Wouldn't the Inverse of a spouse not wanting to be nude be,
                            A spouse not wanting to get Dressed???

Just Curious.
                            [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
                            Steve[/qb]
                            I believe you just described a Converse, and no, I don't mean a 70's tennis shoe....

Seriously, though. It's usually a man trying to convince a special woman to join him. I agree that going nude around the house for starters is a good approach. So is good communication so that the other person knows why this is important to you and can respect it.

Doug H.

Comment

Ottergirl77,

Where are you planning to vacation? As stated previously, there are a number of clubs, beaches and resorts that are clothing optional.

We frequent a resort in Palm Springs that is clothing optional and is a great place for the first timer.

Let us all know where you might be vacationing and we can lead you and you husband in the right direction. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X