What is an interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is an interview?

I just made a reservation (first time guy) at this park and they made me set up an interview time. What is this?

When I did that she asked me if I was a member of any organization. Do many places recognize INA?

The Lady then asked my marital status, not if there was anyone else coming with me!?!

I also noticed that ladies get half off on entrance fees.

I haven't even done this "interview" and I have already been asked many illegal questions. How can they get away with asking them?

I just made a reservation (first time guy) at this park and they made me set up an interview time. What is this?

When I did that she asked me if I was a member of any organization. Do many places recognize INA?

The Lady then asked my marital status, not if there was anyone else coming with me!?!

I haven't even done this "interview" and I have already been asked many illegal questions. How can they get away with asking them?

Comment

Hey Adder -

The interview is just to check you out, to make sure you are on the up-and-up. Trust me, while it may be annoying, the interview does have its benefits, as you will eventually understand if you visit clubs and nude beaches (which have no screening mechanisms).

Since interviews vary from club to club, and there is no standard format, there is no certain way to acsertain what you will be asked. Some clubs will give you a tour of the place and that's about it, while others may probe deeper. The thing to remember is to be yourself and be open.

When she meant "organizations" she probably meant other clubs (landed or non-landed) or AANR or TNS. It's hard to say if they recognize INA. It may be worth your investment to join AANR (https://store.aanr.com/aanr_nonmembers/browse.asp?cat=10000&path=10000) for as little as $35. Just getting the Bulletin every month is a great way to learn about nudism.

Yeah, women get oftentimes reduced fees as clubs try to encourage women visiting.

It may also be a good idea to get to know the club beforehand via the website, this forum or other internet resources. This way you can get to understand their values, as well as level of conservatism. Perhaps other clubs could suit you better?? Lastly, use the opportunity to interview them as well (discreetley of course).

Remember, be yourself and all will be fine. Good luck!

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Adder121:

There's nothing illegal about it. It's their facility and they can ask pretty much any questions they wish to potential visitors of their property.

Now if they asked you what race/color you were, THAT would be illegal.

Comment

they have to be as sure of letting you in as you were sure of picking them to visit! in this lifestyle there are many people that have been let in at the resorts loss! don't sweat the interview and have a good time!

Comment

Unfortunately, the "free" (as in clothesfree) often comes with too many rules! Many clubs do not let single men visit or have a quota for them. The club we visit out here in AZ does recognize INF as an "organization". Good luck!

Comment

Sorry for the hassel Adder....

Believe it or not there are a lot of clubs out there which simply don't allow any single males. So, I'm glad you found one that does.

It's a pretty basic formula really....
              -- There are many males who would like to go to a nudist resort for all the wrong reasons.
              -- There are very few females who would act inappropriate, and very few single females anyways.

The resort is just trying to minimize the odds of a "bad event" and maximize their gender ratio by encouraging single females to attend. My resort, for instance, offers a student discount to encourage young nudists to attend.

If you open up the flood gates.....you have a flood. Nobody likes a flood.

Comment

Some resorts do screen more heavily than others this usually means they have had a problem in the past. I hope it won't put you off but they must have found it nessesary to do this. As to the questions being illegal no since they are a private facillity they can do exactly as they wish. Unfortunatly it is sometimes needed.

Comment

Don't be surprised if only single males or solo males are required to have this interview. It's common to treat them differently than couples unfortunately.

For instance I know clubs that require singles to have a membership in AANR or TNS for the first visit but don't require it of couples. INA is just a website, not a nationally recognized nudist association.

Comment

I have visited a number of clubs (we are fortunate to have many here) and only one of them had a formal interview. Some give a "tour" of the facilities, but they do ask some informal questions during the tour. Sorta like an interview. The formal interview made me a bit uncomfortable, but only because the interviewer was uncomfortable doing the interview. But no big deal. They are just trying to determine if your motivations are honorable. So just relax and be honest and be yourself. Ask them some questions about rules and expectations for your behavior and they will see that you have the right intentions about following their guidelines. But most of all, don't let the interview deter you from going. You will be glad you did! Let us know how it goes.
                    Stay nude and have fun!
                    Florida Cracker

Comment

Like everyone said, don't get all flustered because they want to do an interview with you. Not a big deal. As mentioned numerous times, just be yourself, and you will be nude in no time.
                      We are planning a trip to Como this month and the lady told us that we HAD to take a tour of the place before we acutally got to come in. That is their way of getting a feel for you and to make sure you are not there for the wrong reasons.
                      Remember, you are a single guy. There are going to be alot of nude people where you are, including females, and they just want to be sure your there for the enjoyment of clothes- free rec. This process also helps to weed out any weird o's as there seem to be alot in this crazy world.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Adder121:

OK...

"Interviews" are common. I don't know which club you are planning to visit. If it's a cooperative club - you aren't just asking to visit for a day, they're viewing you as a potential member (and co-owner) of the club.

The reason for an interview - regardless of the structure of the club - is that they are questioning your motives for joining or wanting to come out to the club. They also want to know your expectations and it's rather reasonable to have a brief screening. If you were an owner of a club and someone came out and said, "I wanna party and check out da babes", you would likely turn that person away. I think you can see where they're coming from. It also allows YOU the opportunity to learn about them.

INA status? INA is growing - but it is not an organization such as the American Association for Nude Recreation or The Naturist Society. Therefore, there are many club owners who have never heard of INA, and needless to say - and this is not a knock on INA -- it does not enjoy , at this time, the recognition among clubs that the two "majors" do.

Someone also said a club told him "we recognize INF". The INF is the International Naturist FEDERATION. It is an organization based in Switzerland, and is the worldwide "organization of national organizations". American Association of Nude Recreation, British Naturism, Federation of Canadian Naturists, and many other groups around the world are INF affiliated. AANR is INF's American affiliate.

But do not be confused. The INA is not the INF. Some clubs will give an INA discount and will recognize it, but at this point in history, AANR and TNS carry more clout with the clubs. AANR, in one form or another, has
                        been around for 75 years or so, and TNS for 25.

Marital status - some clubs do not want to allow married individuals to attend without their spouse. Some require spousal consent if the other partner chooses not to participate. There are legal reasons for this. In an era of uncontested divorces this isn't all that critical, but it's a protection clubs would like to have.

There are social reasons as well. A nudist park owner - or the members of a cooperatively held nudist club -- view their group or club as a retreat from the stresses of daily life. They might not want to serve as a conduit of escape from one's immediate family , and particularly from a wife or husband.

As far as "illegal questions" - what do you mean? Asking your marital status is not an illegal question. Asking why you want to come out to the club is not. Asking where you heard of them is not. What "illegal" questions are being asked?

Comment

Of the three naturist resorts I've visited only one (Glen Eden) warned me of a formal interview (although all were clearly talking to me up front and I'm sure there was a certain amount of "screening" involved, and probably rightfully so). In the end, even at Glen Eden, it didn't seem all that formal to me. We definitely did get into the whole marital status thing and they do have certain restrictions about that, which are more strict the more local to the resort you live. I did not hide anything and they dealt with it (my wife was not there, and definitely not interested - she merely tolerates my interest, at best). I was also specifically asked about naturist group affiliation (and I have and offered a list of them, with documentation, and including TNS, which seemed to help).

In any case, once we got through all of that, the so-called interview itself seemed extremely informal as basically just some seemingly fairly idle chitchat with a nude host/tour guide. I honestly don't think it's all that difficult to tell what a person's motives are with this, so I suspect that much screening is basically effective and helpful. I didn't have a problem with it.

More of the informal chit-chat seemed to revolve around the reality and clarifying that we would take a very short drive, park, and I would be expected to leave ALL of my clothes behind in the vehicle and take a tour on the back of a golf cart. I will admit, given that there were a surprising number of clothed onlookers for this, I can see how it could be intimidating to some. It was also made fairly clear that while there may be some lattitude for some, clothing optinionality-wise for some, that it didn't apply to me, and that I would be expected to be nude from the moment after I parked, until the moment just before I left (I responded that I wasn't there to stay dressed, and I wasn't).

In any case, I got there, stripped down, and I must have appeared like a normal human and we took the tour and I enjoyed the rest of the day there. It was a fun a pleasant experience. I'd certainly do it again, any chance I got.

This was my experience with "an interview" and my only experience and all that I know about the subject, I suppose.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DoctorSurferDude:
                            Sorry for the hassel Adder....

Believe it or not there are a lot of clubs out there which simply don't allow any single males.

From Jim in SD: Would this account for the total lack of response from the Colorado group to my inquiry? I let them know that my domestic partner and I are in a long-term managhamous relationship (today is our tenth anniversary, 8-12-05). After several weeks I have not heard back from them. I am new to nudism, and as you might guess there are zero venues here in SD. My partner & I are planning a trip to Denver in September and just wanted to find a place where we could be ourselves.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Jim in SD:
                              From Jim in SD: Would this account for the total lack of response from the Colorado group to my inquiry? I let them know that my domestic partner and I are in a long-term managhamous relationship (today is our tenth anniversary, 8-12-05). After several weeks I have not heard back from them.

Did you try calling them?

Comment

Working...
                              X