Suggestions for a FL resort?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for a FL resort?

I'm seriously thinking of a 4-5 day vacation in central Florida this summer and am wondering if anyone could suggest a single-male friendly resort? A nude dive package or the availability of one would be a BIG plus, but not a limiting factor.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Cheers! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm seriously thinking of a 4-5 day vacation in central Florida this summer and am wondering if anyone could suggest a single-male friendly resort? A nude dive package or the availability of one would be a BIG plus, but not a limiting factor.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Comment

I would suggest Caliente here in Land O Lakes.

Many clubs let singles in.... that is no guarantee how you will be treated once inside.

Comment

I e-mailed AND wrote to Caliente, and no one bothered replying.

Comment

Falcon46,
          Here's a suggestion; Since three of the resorts in Central Florida are very near each other (in the same county probably) you could visit each one of the resorts for a day and then you would have first hand knowledge as to which resort you would prefer to return.

The three resorts are, Lake Como, Caliente, and Paradise Lakes.

Cypress Cove, a large beautiful resort, is in central Florida but further away. That resort had been having singles weekend possibly three times a year. I believe that Cyndiann states that she attended singles-weekend there once and did not enjoy it, but there are others, seemingly, who find it enjoyable.

I have a neighbor who has visited Cypress Cove with her husband six times, and they love it! The promotional video sold by Cypress Cove is truly gorgeous and interesting. I understand that they accept singles (anytime) if, for instance, they are members of AANR, or are with someone who has previous nudist experence.

By now you probably have received your AANR membership card in the mail, and you have accumulated the experience at your nearby resort. However, I think that attending the three mentioned clubs that are located together, is probably the better suggestion.

Comment

Depending on how far south you may travel you might want to try `Sunsport Garden' their web site is: www.sunsportgarden.com. I haven't been there myself but have talked to someone over the phone and they seemed very nice.One good thing- it's not a far drive to Haulover.

Comment

Now for the bonus hoped for of diving.
              The Paradise Nautical Naturist Dive & Boating Club does "Nude recreation above and below the water."
              Their web page (along with some beautiful links) are;
              web page Paradise Nautical Naturist

Comment

As usual, there are always great suggestions here, thanks!

Cyndiann, I take it you've been to Caliente? From the pics on their website I was wondering how bad the dust and noise will be this summer from all the construction?

I guess I'm leaning toward Paradise Lakes or Cypress Cove for the moment, but will be doing a good bit more research before I decide. If anyone knows specifics about Caliente, I'd be very interested. Visiting several does sound like a good idea, but I think for my first time to head down that way, I'd prefer to get undressed once I get there and stay that way until it's time to leave. But I'm not ruling it out either... so will just wait and see.

Comment

You also might want to check out Sunny Sands Resort (not to far from Daytona)I have been there several times, so I can say the place is single-friendly, and it is not that expensive.

Comment

You can review the website of SUNNIER PALMS of Ft. Pierce, Fl. I have never been there, but maybe someone on this board can give a review. You probable want a larger, "urban" resort. web page - Sunnier Palms Nudist Park

Comment

If you go to the web site of Extremity Florida Nudist Resorts, and click on "Resort Reviews" you may be able to get other's opinions and impressions of various Florida nudists resorts.
                      web page - Nudist Links

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Falcon46:
                        [qb] As usual, there are always great suggestions here, thanks!

Cyndiann, I take it you've been to Caliente? From the pics on their website I was wondering how bad the dust and noise will be this summer from all the construction?

I guess I'm leaning toward Paradise Lakes or Cypress Cove for the moment, but will be doing a good bit more research before I decide. If anyone knows specifics about Caliente, I'd be very interested. Visiting several does sound like a good idea, but I think for my first time to head down that way, I'd prefer to get undressed once I get there and stay that way until it's time to leave. But I'm not ruling it out either... so will just wait and see.

Cheers! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [/qb]
                        Caliente does have construction going on but not bad enough to bother you at the pool. I think they treat singles the best, certainly better than Paradise does. Paradise has the nightclub and a resraurant but Caliente's bar is open till at least ten. Cypress Cove lets singles in but many have felt that they were treated like a bug under a microscope. Yeah, I was there once for the singles weekend and I was just talking to someone that went recently and he had the same impression I did.... they don't let you blend in.

The ones that treat single men the best are Sunsport Gardens, Sunnier Palms (both campgrounds, nothing fancy but I like both) and Caliente.

Fred said Sunny Sands was singles friendly and that really caught me off guard. Last I heard they were really anti-single. Hey Fred, is it still for sale? Maybe it has new owners now, I dunno.

Comment

If you do go to Paradise don't rent from the office. Go get a condo direct from the owners or from another rental service. You will make out much better. The rooms at poolside prohibit bringing anything to eat or drink in so they can sell you everything at vacation resort prices and the management makes you pay upfront and will not take care of complaints about things being broken.I've heard a lot of complaints lately, both online and from people actually staying there.

Comment

quote:

Fred said Sunny Sands was singles friendly and that really caught me off guard. Last I heard they were really anti-single. Hey Fred, is it still for sale? Maybe it has new owners now, I dunno. [/QB]
                            Cyndiann,
                            My visits to Sunny Sands coincides with my visits to my Mom in Ocala. (I try to make it once or twice a year) The last time I was there was last spring. And every time I was there I was treated okay.Maybe because I am a known quanity. Or maybe because I am a member of another AANR landed club.

By the way, if you know of any other clubs near Ocala, please let me know.
                            quote:

Comment

I went to a singles weekend at Cypress Cove once. I went in August and the heat and humidity detracted somewhat from the enjoyment of midday activities. They advertise about their motel rooms and allow roomates, even offering to match you with someone (same sex). The rooms were a little pricey for the off-season in Florida, even at their discounted rates, but if you go in August, you might get a better night's sleep there than camping out.
                              They do not advertise the fact that tent camping is quite cheap there. Showers are available by the pool, so you need not feel too grungy from camping out.
                              Gender ratio was poor the weekend I went. The ladies there were very nice, but were far too few. This event would be paradise for a single female however. I made friends and had fun, but don't go there hoping to meet women. You might, but odds aren't in your favor, guys.
                              Cypress Cove made us wear tags around our neck and strongly suggested that we not talk to tagless guests. It was not an unfriendly place, but I had a lot more fun at resorts in my part of Georgia.

I will never go to central Florida in August again. The resorts in the Georgia mountains have much better weather that time of year.
                              I finished the weekend with a day at Apollo Beach and it was a mellow place, very relaxing. Even in mid-summer, the beaches have a comfortable breeze.
                              One fruit of my visit to Cypress Cove was that I met one of the leaders of Central Florida Naturists and he gave me a standing invitation to join them on their trips to Playalinda, (typically on holiday weekends). I look forward to taking him up on that invitation.

Cherokee Lodge & Resort in Crossville, Tennessee also has a singles weekend in the summer. I have heard that they also have a strongly male-skewed gender balance. The summer weather on the Cumberland Plateau makes Cherokee much more comfortable than summers in Central Florida!

Comment

Working...
                              X