Are there local nudist get-togethers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there local nudist get-togethers?

I am still a littel new to nudism and have only been to a nudist club twice but like to meet new people by it always seems that the people at those clubs have their own friends and aquintances and it's difficult to work my way in. I met only one other person and mostly because he had come solo as well. I'm 34 years old and feel as though I might have waited to long to get involved in nudism. I wish I had done it years ago but when I was in my twenties I really did'nt want to involve myself in anything. Besides I was way too chicken at the time to even try. I was thinking about about inviting people local to me over my home for a gathering to make new friends. Maybe a potluck? I live in San Bernardino CA and I don't know how many people here on this board are local to me or would be willing to come to a strangers home. I know I would have some reservations. Can anyone make any suggestions. Has anyone ever done this?

I am still a littel new to nudism and have only been to a nudist club twice but like to meet new people by it always seems that the people at those clubs have their own friends and aquintances and it's difficult to work my way in. I met only one other person and mostly because he had come solo as well. I'm 34 years old and feel as though I might have waited to long to get involved in nudism. I wish I had done it years ago but when I was in my twenties I really did'nt want to involve myself in anything. Besides I was way too chicken at the time to even try. I was thinking about about inviting people local to me over my home for a gathering to make new friends. Maybe a potluck? I live in San Bernardino CA and I don't know how many people here on this board are local to me or would be willing to come to a strangers home. I know I would have some reservations. Can anyone make any suggestions. Has anyone ever done this?

Comment

Chris

My advice to you is to continue to visit those nudist clubs in your area. Attend their social events. Get involved in the sports / games. Make friends there.

I would NOT invite strangers to my home, nor would I accept an invite from strangers to a nude get-together -- especially based on a BBS posting.

In time you will make friends at those parks near you, and then -- after they're not strangers -- the home parties would be an OK idea.

Comment

Join in the activities at the club. Volleyball, card games, bingo, something. That's how you meet, mingle and find things in common with others. There is more to do than sun-bathe, though that's nice.
        We are friends with several singles because we have things in common. It works.

Comment

Hey Chris I'am from SoCal. Never been to a nudist resort, but I have been going to Blacks Beach and Deep Creek Hot Springs for a least ten years.
          I like Deep Creek the best. The people there seem to be more freindly.
          As far as anyone haveing strangers at there home. I think that's a bad idea.
          I have meet many people at the springs, clothed and unclothed. Most people have been very cool.

Comment

I live in a remote part of Canada, far from any nude beaches or resorts. The nearest beach (to my knowledge) is Wreck Beach which is 15 hours away. The nearest resort is about 7 hours away. A group of us have been gathering on occasion. It has been a good thing. Of course it is people who know each other somewhat. I am not sure how the others connected as my husband and I were the latest members of this group. I "met" one member online, and it turned out we knew each other in real life.....this is a smallish city.

Another group of us had a camping weekend at the beginning of August. This was arranged through a Canadian Nudist website.

I think you have to be creative. If I lived near a resort or beach, I would probably go there and meet people and then perhaps do the home thing. If you are comfortable discussing this with friends, who knows, who might already have nudist friends!

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Still_Boreas:
              I live in a remote part of Canada, far from any nude beaches or resorts. The nearest beach (to my knowledge) is Wreck Beach which is 15 hours away. The nearest resort is about 7 hours away. A group of us have been gathering on occasion. It has been a good thing. Of course it is people who know each other somewhat. I am not sure how the others connected as my husband and I were the latest members of this group. I "met" one member online, and it turned out we knew each other in real life.....this is a smallish city.

Another group of us had a camping weekend at the beginning of August. This was arranged through a Canadian Nudist website.

I think you have to be creative. If I lived near a resort or beach, I would probably go there and meet people and then perhaps do the home thing. If you are comfortable discussing this with friends, who knows, who might already have nudist friends!

Yeah Still_, but Chris A is in San Bernadino, CA, where nudist resorts are close by. I guess if I lived in an area truly remote from nudism, my wife and I would have to do what you do.

But we have met ALL of our nudist friends through resorts and clubs. Do we host and attend house parties? Most certainly. But we met and got to know people first. In a sense, it looks like you did as well.

My advice to someone in Chris' position stands -- if you live near one or more nudist clubs, take advantage of the opportunities to socialize there, before thinking of inviting people you don't know to your home.

Comment

There are plenty of non-landed nudist clubs around which host parties at members homes. In that context I would say having strangers in you home would be okay. Over time they will become some of your best friends. Do some research on the web and the next time you go out to the nearest nudist resort or club.

Comment

We are in So CA also, and have met some very nice people at the resorts in Palm Springs. From these new friends we have kind of networked to other nudists, and also just happen to mention that we are home nudists in general to friends. Chatting online with other nudists we have connected in person at theme parks,car shows, sci fi conventions,and such.
                  The result has been, that we now have friends over for small get togethers often. Some have asked to bring along their own nudist friends. As we already know and trust these people, we usually say yes. One of these guys added us to a pool party invite, that found us meeting even more nudists that had interests in common outside of the nudist lifestyle.
                  Just a few weeks ago we were at the Russian River, and met mutual friends of a buddy we know. We are now being invited to their home in Palm Springs for a BBQ, and overnite. I am sure we will meet others at that gathering too.

Comment

Working...
                  X