Ohio Naturist seeks friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Naturist seeks friends

Just a little about myself. I'm disabled and on a limited income so I don't get out much at all, not like I used to, and was hoping to meet other naturists in my area. If you are in the Union county area or know of a club that is close by please let me know.

If you want to know more about me, please feel free to ask as I have nothing to hide... lol

quote:
    Originally posted by 2RK:
    [qb] Just a little about myself. I'm disabled and on a limited income so I don't get out much at all, not like I used to, and was hoping to meet other naturists in my area. If you are in the Union county area or know of a club that is close by please let me know.

If you want to know more about me, please feel free to ask as I have nothing to hide... lol [/qb]
    Plug your zip code into the form at NudistParks USA and it will tell you what clubs are within 200 miles of you.

It looks like Bare Valley Nudist Camp is just a stone's throw from you (only 8 miles from Marysville). I don't really know anything about this park, but the fact that it is not AANR or TNS affiliated does suggest caution.

You are within an hour or so of Sunn Jammers Recreation Park near Newark which is a TNS affiliated club.

-Mark

Comment

Welcome to the zoo 2RK...

I am up north here in good ole Canton O-hiya...home of the Pro Football Hall Of Fame that I have never ever been to in the 20+ years I have lived here.

Check out "Stevedaoust" under "search user profiles"...he lives in your area.

Comment

First of all I want to thank you for you prompt replies. I've looked in the club list before but not recently, and forgot all about the one in Unionville Center.

Guess I'm getting old or something... lol

Thanks again and hope you have a nice one.

Comment

Hello, I am new to social nudity. Was wondering if there is anyone out there in the Stark County, Ohio area who could point me in the right direction on any good clubs that they may belong to. I know that it would be a lot easier for me to go to a club's events if I knew or went with someone because my wife is not into social nudity. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to leave me a message. Thanks

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Mike67:
            [qb] Hello, I am new to social nudity. Was wondering if there is anyone out there in the Stark County, Ohio area who could point me in the right direction on any good clubs that they may belong to. I know that it would be a lot easier for me to go to a club's events if I knew or went with someone because my wife is not into social nudity. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to leave me a message. Thanks [/qb]
            Hi Mike,

Lucky you! There are two resorts within about 30 miles of Canton; Green Valley and Alpine Resort, and White Thorn Lodge is just across the state line due east of you, about 45 minutes away.

I was in your neck of the woods last summer Canuding on the Tuscarawas River south of Canton with the Northcoast Naturists. What a blast. NN is a great nonlanded club with a very active schedule. This winter they are holding two indoor swim events and one nude bowling event each month.

NN has a WINR program (Women In Nude Recreation) that might be of interest for your wife.

-Mark

Comment

Thanks for the info, Mark. That is my neck of the woods as I have rafted down the Tuscarawas River a few times in Tusc. County.

Comment

Hi to all the other Buckeyes out there, I have a msn group if anyone is interested called Ohio Naturists. I live in Marysville now and don't know anyone in my area that are also naturists but I'm sure there are some. BTW, I'm also 2RK, I forgot my old password for awhile, but I prefer using this name anyway.

For those looking for a place in central Ohio, there is a camp not far from Columbus but at the moment I can't recall the name. I know someone that is a member there and am waiting on an e-mail from her with the name again. I was hoping to get there this last summer but things just didn't work out that way. Being disabled and on a fixed income it's hard to get very far from home. That's why I was hoping to find someone here that was near my area, so maybe we could get together for coffee or something sometime.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in "chatting" just let me know, I'm always ready for a good conversation.

P.S. Almost forgot the link: http://groups.msn.com/OhioNaturists/_whatsnew.msnw

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by DoubleRK:
                  [qb]
                  For those looking for a place in central Ohio, there is a camp not far from Columbus but at the moment I can't recall the name. [/qb]
                  Bare Valley in Unionville Center is fairly close to you in Marysville. I don't know much about the club, but it is not affiliated with AANR or TNS.

-Mark

Comment

In Ohio you have Paradise Gardens in Cincinnati.
                    Sunshower Country Club in Centerville,IN Right off I-70. About 1 Hr Drive from Clark County were I live.

Comment

Bare Valley isn't really located there, that's just their snail-mail address, the "resort" is located near Hocking Hills.

I'm aware of all the ones listed on this site and others in Ohio, the problem is really two fold for me. 1) It's not really safe for me to drive more than a few miles alone because of my physical condition and 2) the cost, by the time you add gas and ground fees it's beond my means on what I get for disability. That's really why I was looking for local people that might be willing to go with me or at least meet for lunch from time to time to chat.

Thanks for your input though, I know you were trying to help and I'm thankful.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by DoubleRK:
                        [qb] Bare Valley isn't really located there, that's just their snail-mail address, the "resort" is located near Hocking Hills. [/qb]
                        Are you sure you aren't thinking of Summit Lodge Resort in the Hocking Hills?

The one person I've ever met who talked of visiting Bare Valley described it as a very rustic camp 'near Marysville'.

-Mark

Comment

Bare Valley is located southeast of Columbus near Logan off of Rt 33,,,i have been there a couple times last summer,,it's a very nice yet small resort,,the people there are very friendly,,,and it is very scenic,,,you should check it out!

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by sledgeinOH:
                            [qb] Bare Valley is located southeast of Columbus near Logan off of Rt 33,,,i have been there a couple times last summer,,it's a very nice yet small resort,,the people there are very friendly,,,and it is very scenic,,,you should check it out! [/qb]
                            That is precisely the location of Summit Lodge Resort. They must be very near each other.
                            -Mark

Comment

Well I know that Unionville Center is about 8 miles from Marysville, I've been there many times, but when I sent an e-mail to Bare Valley they told me they are located near Hocking Hills. I know there's a camp ground near Unionville Center and maybe at one time it was owned by the same owners of the current Bare Valley but as far as I can tell, it's not a clothing free or clothing optional camp ground any longer.

Maybe due to the increase in housing construction in the area of that camp ground the owners sold out and bought one near Hocking Hills. I do know that houses are going up in that area at a record rate.

Anyway, that still leaves me with no one in my area to have lunch and conversation with. Oh well, guess that's just life and I'll have to deal with it.

I know, I need a rich girlfriend that can afford to take me to all these resort/camps... lol [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X