Red Rock Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Rock Beach

Hi anyone who reads this. I think I will be going to Red Rock Beach tomorrow (Monday September 1st, sorry for the short notice). Anybody want to meet me? Or have me meet them? Let me know...

Hi anyone who reads this. I think I will be going to Red Rock Beach tomorrow (Monday September 1st, sorry for the short notice). Anybody want to meet me? Or have me meet them? Let me know...

Comment

Wish I could be there. Red Rocks is a great beach. I loved going there a few years back. I have moved south of SF and it is hard for me with school, work and family to get up there. Enjoy.

Comment

Okay, thanks.

Comment

ccsccs7....Hope you had a great day at Red Rock..and that the weather cooperated....I wish I could have made it...Let us know ...Outdoorbare [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, the forecast said that there would be sun in the PM. There were a couple of moments in which the sun came out. (It's funny how as soon as the sun comes out, everyone things it's not cold anymore.) The water was cold at first, but the general outside temperature was warm enough so that I could bear the colder water. Then the fog thickened. I did feel somewhat cold after that (and I had gotten wet too).

It was indeed relaxing (at least in retrospect now that I'm back in clothes :-( and around folks who don't like nudity). I was able to kinda do a few bits of chit chat with a few folks.

I guess I'm just the kind of shy person that finds it hard to go up and talk to a person (especially when on a nude beach as one might expect some to want to keep to themselves; and I didn't want to impose (my negative thinking)). It wasn't until I was about to go that I was able to ask a soul to take my picture (I missed the opportunity to strike up a conversation then, and they were young folks in that group).

I did speak with a climber. She was there with her brothers. Earlier, I'd tried chatting with a couple, well, at least the guy of the two.

I asked the young people group where they were from, they answered Novato (if you're out there and reading this, "hi!"). I got a "nice meeting you" out of it, but we didn't really introduce ourselves. Oh well. I was glad to have at least a little bit of contact. What use is feeling good when you have nobody around to share it with? (Well, those are my feelings, anyway.)

I do have a friend that I'd like to take. Hopefully one day...

Comment

ccsccs7...Thanks for sharing ...Sorry the weather was a little cool ...you gotta have that offshore flow..that usually happens in Sept and Oct..to warm things up...I too am a shy kinda guy...and miss out on a lot because of it...Sounds like you did great in trying to make new friends....Outdoorbare [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I guess I am like you too. Loved to have got to know some folks at Red Rocks, but a bit too shy. Sounds like you did quite well. Hopefully, if I ever get a chance to get back to Red Rocks, may be I will too.

Comment

Beautiful warm day here in Ca...and great weekend with offshore flow predicted...Anyone headed for the coast?... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] Outdoorbare

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by outdoorbare:
                    [qb] Beautiful warm day here in Ca...and great weekend with offshore flow predicted...Anyone headed for the coast?... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] Outdoorbare [/qb]
                    Odie...do you think you could hold that weather pattern for a couple more weeks? I am going to the coast the first weekend in October. You are right about the beautiful day....mid 90's predicted all weekend! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome Bluekoala...enjoy the forum...Should be a great day at Redrock before the fog returns... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] Outdoorbare

Comment

Does anyone here on the forums ever go to Lupin Lodge, Red, White and Blue beach, The Kiva House, Hole in the wall or Indian Head beach at Fort Ord? I'd love to meet some locals as I always feel sort of an outsider when I go and am too shy to try to change things...E

Comment

Working...
                        X