Swaping San Diego for Spokane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swaping San Diego for Spokane

Well, the time has come, the walrus said, to move on. In the military we often move on and now it has finally hppened to me. I'm heading up to the pacific northwest, Spokane Washington. I hope to buy a house there and would like to check out the naturist venues there. See you in the nudie papers. Good night and good luck. Any one up in Spokane please feel free to give me some advice on things to see and do.

Well, the time has come, the walrus said, to move on. In the military we often move on and now it has finally hppened to me. I'm heading up to the pacific northwest, Spokane Washington. I hope to buy a house there and would like to check out the naturist venues there. See you in the nudie papers. Good night and good luck. Any one up in Spokane please feel free to give me some advice on things to see and do.

Comment

Welcome back NudeAl.

Isn't the senior writer for N magazine, Mark Story, from Spokane? As I recall, he is a good source of things nudist there.

Comment

NudeAl:
        Although we haven't been there yet...there is a nice looking nude resort near Spokane in Idaho. It's probably less than an hour from downtown Spokane. (I'm for the west side of WA so forgive me if my estimations are off a bit.)

www.sunmeadow.org

I'm hoping to get hubby to drive us over there sometime this summer...it looks wonderful!

Have a good, safe relocation and thanks for serving our country!

:-)
        Dee

Comment

quote:
          I hope to buy a house there and would like to check out the naturist venues there.

Idaho's Sun Meadow Resort is relatively new and still under development, but is already a great spot; we held some workshops the TNS Northwest Festival held there last summer, and had a great time. It's not too far out of Spokane. Another area club to check out is Kaniksu Ranch.

In Spokane itself, there is also a once-popular nude skinnydipping spot along Latah Creek where it joins the Spokane River. The area is often referred to as People's Park. Nude use there began during the 1974 Spokane Expo, became quite popular over the next two decades, then began to dwindle in recent years due to increasing reports of lewd activity and resulting police presence. Its present status is a bit sketchy. A bit more information can be found in Lee Baxandall's World Guide to Nude Beaches and Resorts, published by The Naturist Society.

quote:
          Isn't the senior writer for N magazine, Mark Story, from Spokane? As I recall, he is a good source of things nudist there.

Mark Storey is actually from Seattle. In addition to being the Editor-at-Large of TNS' N Magazine, he is a Board Member/Secretary for the Naturist Action Committee (TNS' political arm) and oversees the Pacific Northwest region, including Spokane.

Enjoy your new home in the Pacific Northwest!

Don
          www.orcoba.org

Comment

Hello, we're a younger couple near Spokane, just starting out in naturalism. Going to try out Sun Meadow as soon as possible. Would like to meet other couples for nude activities. Thanks!

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by DenitaLC:
              NudeAl:
              Although we haven't been there yet...there is a nice looking nude resort near Spokane in Idaho. It's probably less than an hour from downtown Spokane. (I'm for the west side of WA so forgive me if my estimations are off a bit.)

www.sunmeadow.org

I'm hoping to get hubby to drive us over there sometime this summer...it looks wonderful!

Have a good, safe relocation and thanks for serving our country!

:-)
              Dee

Holy C**p! There is a nudist resort in Worley, ID?! I wish I had known that the last time I went through there! I only notice the grain elevators when I go by. I was born in Lewiston, lived for a while in Anatone, WA, my sister lived in Moscow, and I have distant cousins in Spokane. Threads intertwining threads, eh?

Comment

Hey Liam,

Yes, and from what I've heard, a very nice resort in Worley, ID at that! (Did you check out the website?)

I went to school in Pullman and spent many fun weekends over in Moscow....just made it under the deadline for the 19 year old drinking limit! (Grandfathered in)

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by DenitaLC:
                  Hey Liam,

Yes, and from what I've heard, a very nice resort in Worley, ID at that! (Did you check out the website?)

I went to school in Pullman and spent many fun weekends over in Moscow....just made it under the deadline for the 19 year old drinking limit! (Grandfathered in)

I did check out the website! I looks really nice. You went to school in Pullman, eh? One of the hated rivals! Most everyone I knew in Moscow went across to Pullman to a particular Pizza place there that they raved about. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the place anymore. I'm glad you got Grandfathered in on the age thing! The guys I knew who went to school there were scoundrels and waistrels. They seemed to focus on beer and pizza as much as they did school!

Comment

Working...
                  X