St. Marys, Ga.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Marys, Ga.

Looking to meet and make friends in St. Marys, Ga/N.E. Fla.

Comment

Hi Folks!

The nearest naturist resort is Native Woods.

Bennie & Karol, the couple who run it are very friendly. I recommend paying them a visit.

I usually go to Native Woods on Saturdays.

Hope to see you there!

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by P.J.:
        Hi Folks!

Don't forget about Hidden River Resort to the southwest. Haven't been there personally but I hear it's a great place.

Comment

Oh yeah, and welcome aboard Joe and Terrie!

You guys ever travel to Central FL?

Comment

Welcome! I thought it was a neat way to post your pictures!

Comment

Well... not from Ga. but welcome to the site.

Comment

Hello Joe and Terrie and welcome aboard. I'm from Fernandina Beach, born and raised, GO PIRATES!!! and have been in San Diego, CA since I joined the Navy in 84'. I still however get a chance to get home at least once a year.
                In my opinion, Cumberland Isl. right across the river, is an incredible opportunity. The beaches on the island specifically the north end, are very tolerant and naturist friendly if you see anybody at all. Amelia Island as well, the north and south ends especially at night are wide open. Jeckyll and St. Simon's may be closer for you but I'm not that familiar with those.
                Another area I tend to push the envelope are the State parks and islands just south of Amelia and north of Mayport. I've done hours of free hiking on the trails along the coast and the ICW. Another idea is to just get a boat, kayak, canoe... and explore the endless miles of creeks and islands out on the marshes. The St. Mary's river, Amelia River, Crooked River State Park. etc... and don't forget canuding through the Okeefenokee!!!
                Inland are the miles of pulpwood truck access and firebreak roads that offer the quite serenity of the Southeast GA/Northeast FL backwoods.

Now I've gone and made myself homesick...

Brooks

Comment

Cumberland island is a beautiful place, and there are nudist opportunities there, but you evidently have to be sure and trek well to the north! While camping there, and thinking no one else was about, I was nude (for a brief time) near my tent, while hanging up an item or two on the clothesline, and a bag of trash. I was well shadowed in the trees,or thought so, but evidently a passer-by noticed. A ranger came by to investigate a report of someone "running around naked."
                  BTW...why is it always described as "running around" or "parading around" or some such reference, when there is no such thing involved?Is there something more alarming in it to say "he was running around naked" than to say "he was busy with a few chores and happened to be naked" when I passed by.

Comment

If you can think of it fast enough, you could take their silly words literally and turn them to your favor. You could say, "Well, I haven't seen anyone running around naked, but if I do I'll let you know. Thanks for coming by..." You of course would be speaking words that are literally true, to get yourself off the hook. HA!

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Sailnekkid:
                      Hello Joe and Terrie and welcome aboard. I'm from Fernandina Beach, born and raised, GO PIRATES!!! and have been in San Diego, CA since I joined the Navy in 84'. I still however get a chance to get home at least once a year.

Have you ever been stationed at NS Mayport, NAS Jacksonville or NSB Kings Bay?

In my opinion, Cumberland Isl. right across the river, is an incredible opportunity. The beaches on the island specifically the north end, are very tolerant and naturist friendly if you see anybody at all.

I've been told about these places, but I'm not willing to risk getting caught naked by the wrong people!

Amelia Island as well, the north and south ends especially at night are wide open. Jeckyll and St. Simon's may be closer for you but I'm not that familiar with those.
                      Another area I tend to push the envelope are the State parks and islands just south of Amelia and north of Mayport. I've done hours of free hiking on the trails along the coast and the ICW. Another idea is to just get a boat, kayak, canoe... and explore the endless miles of creeks and islands out on the marshes. The St. Mary's river, Amelia River, Crooked River State Park. etc... and don't forget canuding through the Okeefenokee!!!
                      Inland are the miles of pulpwood truck access and firebreak roads that offer the quite serenity of the Southeast GA/Northeast FL backwoods.

I like to play it safe. I also like Native Woods, outside of Darien. The folks there are really friendly.

Brooks

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by PascoDoug:
                        quote:
                        Hi Folks!

Don't forget about Hidden River Resort to the southwest. Haven't been there personally but I hear it's a great place.

Hidden River Resort is the first nudist park that I've checked out. The visitors there were strange, not at all outgoing and some made me very uncomfortable. The location is not very easy to find.

I would love to check out the C/O beaches further south. One of these days, I will get around to checking out Apollo Beach.

Comment

quote:
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by Sailnekkid:

Have you ever been stationed at NS Mayport, NAS Jacksonville or NSB Kings Bay?

In my opinion, Cumberland Isl. right across the river, is an incredible opportunity. The beaches on the island specifically the north end, are very tolerant and naturist friendly if you see anybody at all.

I've been told about these places, but I'm not willing to risk getting caught naked by the wrong people!

Amelia Island as well, the north and south ends especially at night are wide open. Jeckyll and St. Simon's may be closer for you but I'm not that familiar with those.

I like to play it safe. I also like Native Woods, outside of Darien. The folks there are really friendly.

Brooks

Hi PJ, sorry I couldn't get back sooner. Where DOES the weekend go??? Thanks for asking, after I left Amelia Island I spent my entire 20 years on one ship or another all out of San Diego. After retirement I rolled into a job as an engineer for a defense contractor out here as well. It'll always be home, I miss it dearly and always get home when I need to get my serenity back in check, but things are working out out here for myself, wife and two kids for now.
                          I've never been to an established park or campground though I'm not against it at ALL. I've always considered myself an "opportunist" just whenever I can and with a new-found self-confidence probably take more risks than I should...

Comment

Located in Ponte Vedra Beach FL just south of Jacksonville.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Joe & Terrie:

Tell me about the resort close to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X