Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon

Hi everyone, I live in Oregon and have been a nudist for over 25 years. I am looking for like minded friends to chat with. I hope to hear from some others in my area.

Hi everyone, I live in Oregon and have been a nudist for over 25 years. I am looking for like minded friends to chat with. I hope to hear from some others in my area.

Comment

Welcome aboard,

I used to live up there but now I'm down in southern California. I still have family up there though and who knows I may move back. There are three landed nudist clubs in Oregon two legally recognized nude beaches and several non-landed nudist clubs along with about a dozen or more hotsprings on public land that may or may not be clothing optional. All in all not bad. Check the main web page of this site and look under places to get naked for more info.

So tell us a little about yourself like where do you live, how old are you, where have you gone nude up to now, etc. That will make it easier to give you some ideas.

Comment

Hi,

I am 47 and I live in Corvallis. I go to the Willies resort quite often, but I also visit Restful Haven and Squaw Mountain. I have been to Rooster Rock but not Collins Beach. I also enjoy the hotsprings, especially this time of year. I have been going to nude beaches and resorts since I was in college.

I would like to find a spot where I can do nude camping and hiking.

I'm also interested in meeting others for home nude get togethers.

Comment

I live in Seattle but travel to Oregon quite often and would like to get some information as well. feel free to chat me up at [email protected]

Happy New Year

Comment

Though we don't live in Oregon, we have some very close friends that do, and some other very close friends that live just outside of Portland in Washington.

We visited both couples this past summer and the one couple from Washington, with whom we stayed, took us to Collins Beach. We can't wait til next summer to get up there and visit with them and go to Collins again. We enjoyed it very much. Not many people there that day but the four of us had a great time, shared some wine, beer, a nude walk and laughter.

Comment

quote:
              Hi,

I am 47 and I live in Corvallis. I go to the Willies resort quite often, but I also visit Restful Haven and Squaw Mountain. I have been to Rooster Rock but not Collins Beach. I also enjoy the hotsprings, especially this time of year. I have been going to nude beaches and resorts since I was in college.

I would like to find a spot where I can do nude camping and hiking.

I'm also interested in meeting others for home nude get togethers.

O.B.

Thanks for the info O.B.

I can see you have been to most of the places I suggested. I haven't been to Squaw Mountain yet but have been to the others. I really did like Sauvies Islands Collins beach. I thought it was much better than Rooster Rock. There seemed to be much more a sense of community there, more family friendly. Like most places it is best on a warm summer weekend not many there during the weekdays. It is also under water in the spring when the river is high. I know there is a group The Friends of Sauvie Island Collins Beach I think. They have some get togethers at the beach now and then I believe. You might look into them or other non-landed groups to meet people.

Are you a member out at The Willies? We stayed there on our trip last summer and we loved the place I could have spent the whole vacation there. I found the members to be very friendly and outgoing. We even saw one of them again at Laguna Del Sol later in our trip. I also had a very positive experience out at Restful Haven it is a co-op type of resort and one of the members who acts as part time manager there allowed us to leave our travel trailer there for a few days while we were visiting family in Portland. We just missed the Strawberry Festival which is one of there big summer events that draws a big crowd.

Have you been over to Bagby hot springs? I haven't but my brother has. I think he mentioned it was not unusual to see people nude all around that area not just the springs. If that is the case this might be the spot to do your camping and hiking and a bit of soaking. You might be able to do that just about any remote location. I know as a kid growing up in Oregon if we were out hiking and wanted to cool off we just found a good skinny dipping spot and went for it. I suspect there are still good opportunities like this.

We have some members on these boards who are up in Oregon or near the border up in Washington. I guess they haven't seen your post yet. They will probably have more info. Good luck glad to see another Oregonian here.

Comment

I go to the Willies about every other weekend in the summer time, it's not that far from where I live. I have never been to Bagby, it's on my to do list though. Squaw Mountain is a nice resort, it has a very serene and peaceful atmosphere.

Comment

I am hosting a nude gathering for art and drawing in Wilsonville, OR next weekend. You are all invited. Hit me at [email protected] with an RSVP for details.

Jim

Comment

quote:
                    We can't wait til next summer to get up there and visit with them and go to Collins again. We enjoyed it very much. Not many people there that day but the four of us had a great time, shared some wine, beer, a nude walk and laughter.

We go to Collins when we can get down there. (2 hour drive from near Tacoma) It's a wonderful beach and I LOVE playing Volleyball w/ the regulars. (They are some serious players!) We didn't make it down last year and I'm really having w/drawals...WA doesn't have any legal nude beaches so Collins is the closest one for us! Glad you guys had fun!!

:-)

Comment

Collins is on my list of places to go when the weather gets better. I have never been there but have heard good things about it.

Are there many gawkers or pervs there?

Comment

You'll love Collin's. For a river beach, it's nicer than a lot of ocean beaches I've been to.
                        In the summer, there can be some migrant workers hanging out but they don't tend to make any problems. There is a large group of "regulars" that are very protective of the beach and chase off gawkers. My advice is to find a group of regulars and make your camp fairly near to theirs. Walkway 2 and 3 are the more family areas and where the volleyball courts are located. Gawkers tend to be farther down the beach where the beach is narrower and there are more trees/brush between the road and water. It's said that down at the far end is more of the gay hang out. The whole beach is about 1 mile long and it makes for a nice walk. I did find the far end to be muddier though and not as nice of sand.

http://www.orcoba.org/default.html has good info on Collins Beach and Rooster Rock.

Have fun! We sure hope to get down there this summer as well......if we get the weather!

Dee

Comment

Thanks for the detailed information, I appreciate the help. Let's hope for some nice sunny weather so we can all get naked in the outdoors.

Comment

Hi Oregon bare, We are in the Salem area and belong to a club called Bare Spirits in Dallas it is a non landed club. We also have been to the others clubs in the area. SMR, Willies and Restful Haven.

Dan

Comment

I think you'll love Collins beach. I took my non-nudist sister there a few years back and she enjoyed it, though she did get a bit nervous in the parking lot. She was afraid she would have to get nude! lol!

Comment

Working...
                              X