Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to be friends with white. I'm purple and will only hang with purple nudists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to be friends with white. I'm purple and will only hang with purple nudists.

I just noticed yet another thread asking to (only) meet Christian nudists. Now, I don't have any issues with somebody being a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim or anything else. But we have posters here such as californiabare2002 saying that he only wishes to meet/know/associate with other Christians. He even started a thread for just that purpose.

In a pluralistic society such as ours, and on a secular website such as this, am I the only one who finds his post offensive? Is it any less offensive then a white saying they only want to know other whites, a staight only wanting to know heterosexuals, a Baptist only wanting to meet other Baptists?

I have always heard that nudists are accepting. Am I wrong or does a post asking for only other Christian nudists exclusionary instead of accepting?

I feel bad for californiabare2002, there are many excellent, fun, informative, interesting, and good people in this world who just don't happen to be Christian. Too bad he will never profit from knowing them.

I believe californiabare2002 has the right to express his nudists 'friends' whom he wishes to meet. He could be reaching out to others of the same faith so that they may practice together, or share the same experiences. I see nothing wrong with this.

Time and time again, there are those who wish to meet certain nudists i.e. christian, gay, heterosexual, single, etc., and even though there isn't a lot of responses, it could be an opening for private messaging for get-togethers.

I don't see anything wrong with it.
    ----------------------------------------------

I just went back and found the thread you were referring to. That was back in 2003 and finally someone responded in 2007. Talk about a time warped delay.

Comment

I don't know what the reasoning is of the person wanting to meet only other christian nudists. I do know that this country was founded on certain freedoms and paid for in human blood, so everyone should have the right to associate with whomever we please, as long as it isn't for illegal or subversive reasons.

Perhaps they are missing something when they don't talk to others of different beliefs, you may be right, but that is their choice.

Comment

I think that if he were a Buddhist wanting to meet other Buddhist nudists then we would not be having this conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by NudeTopher (christopher):
          I just noticed yet another thread asking to (only) meet Christian nudists. Now, I don't have any issues with somebody being a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim or anything else. But we have posters here such as californiabare2002 saying that he only wishes to meet/know/associate with other Christians. He even started a thread for just that purpose.

In a pluralistic society such as ours, and on a secular website such as this, am I the only one who finds his post offensive? Is it any less offensive then a white saying they only want to know other whites, a staight only wanting to know heterosexuals, a Baptist only wanting to meet other Baptists?

I have always heard that nudists are accepting. Am I wrong or does a post asking for only other Christian nudists exclusionary instead of accepting?

I feel bad for californiabare2002, there are many excellent, fun, informative, interesting, and good people in this world who just don't happen to be Christian. Too bad he will never profit from knowing them.
          Wow, another post taken out of context, or misinterpreted.

First of all, californiabare hasn't been in here for nearly five years.

Second - I don't see "ONLY" anywhere in any of his posts. If I am mistaken, please point that out to me.

And as nudeM and Von pointed out, if he said Buddists then there would be no problem.

If he said "pagan", would you be upset?

If he said "gay" or "polyamorous" would you be upset?

Oh, wait, that's not being discriminatory, that's being SELECTIVE ... ah, yes, that's it. Yeah, that's the ticket!!!

It's really funky and really odd - a lot of people object to couples/ families nudist parks because of admission restrictions (you yourself made a comment about "breeding", which is, sad to say, laughable) ... but if someone wants to organize a pagan circle, or a gay or Lesbian group, no one seems to have a problem with it.

Including Christian naturists.

For the record, neither do I, but why do some get offended when Christians want to gather -- oh yeah, there are Christian nudist groups, you better go tell them to stop! Quick!

Now, getting serious for a minute.

In all my years of nudism, I have met people of nearly every faith, and people who practice no religion at all.

Those naturists who proclaim to be Christian have never denied or fought or even scorned the efforts of those of other faiths to get together.

But it's a funny thing, there are some who will come out of the woodwork and criticize anyone who proclaims to be Christian.

Go figure.

Comment

NudeTopher;

I have been offended when someone attempting to find some Christian fellowship has then attempted to convert me.

I have no problem with someone stating whom they want to be with and who they don't want to be with. If they don't want to be with me because I am not Christian, then I feel forewarned to avoid that person for our mutual benefit.

Comment

Does it really matter if he wants to meet just other Christian nudists or not. Does that mean he doesn't want to talk to anybody else? I mean really, what is to say he just isn't doing some research so that he knows he is not the only one out there that is a Christian Nudist or not? I think he has the right to post like this. What if I were to put in a post that asks for just other NM's or State employees? Would that mean I am not a nice person? Can we cut the guy a break and look at more important issues than that. I agree with Walter05 too, at least now I know who I will and will not talk to in the future possibly. This biasim based thought is brought out way to much, and we all need to give it a break.

Comment

Originally posted by Von:
                I think that if he were a Buddhist wanting to meet other Buddhist nudists then we would not be having this conversation.
                Sean, I really don't think so. If a poster (repeatedly) posted "I'm white and want to know/meet white nudists" or even "I'm black and want to meet only blacks" I am certain that you would see a problem. In fact, I'm sure that you would either think, or post, something about nudism being non-exclusionary (integrated and accepting) instead of being exlusionary (segregated).

I certainly find these kinds of posts disturbing. But, that doesn't mean I'm Christian bashing. It means that there are times and places for everything. If somebody wants to only surround themselves with Christian nudists I think the proper place for them to post is on one of the various Christian nudist websites.

We've chatted enough for me to know that you are reasonable. If you look past what you think is my affront on Christianity* you will see that this type of exclusionary post just isn't right. So, please substitute "white" or "black" and see if the post doesn't bristle you.

*I see online many Christians claim Christian bashing when no such activity has taken place. We all remember Jon Marc, he posted here, and on some Christian websites, that when he was told that it was not appropriate to post religiously based posts except on the "Nudity & Religion" section that it was Christian bashing. If my memory serves me correctly it was also Jon-Marc that claimed it was Christian bashing when he was told at some organizational meeting that preaching/prayer were inappropriate in that setting. I believe that reasonable people can see that these were also not instances of Christain Bashing. It's just a matter of what is correct in the time, place, and situation. Telling a Christian that their beliefs are invalid is bashing. Telling somebody that there are appropriate places to pray i.e. home and church isn't bashing - it's just pointing out the appropriateness of the venue.

Honestly, it's no different then nuding. While it's appropriate to nude in your own house, at a public nude beach, and at a nudist resort - walking through the mall bare butt is inappropriate. If one is told that it's inappropriate to nude in the mall nudism isn't being bashed - the location was just inappropriate.

(Sorry about the length of this post)

Comment

Originally posted by walter05:
                  NudeTopher;

I have been offended when someone attempting to find some Christian fellowship has then attempted to convert me...
                  Isn't it amazing that those involved in proselytization don't care about their being offensive, to those they are seeking to convert, and yet consider it being bashed when told their preaching is unwelcome?

Comment

Originally posted by usuallylurk:
                    quote:

Wow, another post taken out of context, or misinterpreted.

First of all, californiabare hasn't been in here for nearly five years. I cut and pasted his yahoo address instead of his CFF s/n by accident. But, since he joined CFF in 2002 it really is five years ago.

Second - I don't see "ONLY" anywhere in any of his posts. If I am mistaken, please point that out to me. Please review his prior posts. If he repeatedly has posted that he wishes to meet "Christian nudists for fellowship" does that sound like he is open to meeting non-Christians for fellowship? He has posted the same thing on a regular basis, wouldn't you think that might be more appropriate on one of the Christian nudist websites? Also, please see my reply to Von.

And as nudeM and Von pointed out, if he said Buddists then there would be no problem.

If he said "pagan", would you be upset?

If he said "gay" or "polyamorous" would you be upset?

Oh, wait, that's not being discriminatory, that's being SELECTIVE ... ah, yes, that's it. Yeah, that's the ticket!!!

It's really funky and really odd - a lot of people object to couples/ families nudist parks because of admission restrictions (you yourself made a comment about "breeding", which is, sad to say, laughable) ... but if someone wants to organize a pagan circle, or a gay or Lesbian group, no one seems to have a problem with it.

Including Christian naturists.

For the record, neither do I, but why do some get offended when Christians want to gather -- oh yeah, there are Christian nudist groups, you better go tell them to stop! Quick

Now, getting serious for a minute.

In all my years of nudism, I have met people of nearly every faith, and people who practice no religion at all.

Those naturists who proclaim to be Christian have never denied or fought or even scorned the efforts of those of other faiths to get together.

But it's a funny thing, there are some who will come out of the woodwork and criticize anyone who proclaims to be Christian.

Go figure.

Once again, I ask you to read my reply to Von as this was covered there.

Comment

Please review his prior posts. If he repeatedly has posted that he wishes to meet "Christian nudists for fellowship" does that sound like he is open to meeting non-Christians for fellowship?
                      I can't make an assumption like that. And neither can you.

I can make an assumption - that when he posted this, He would like to meet other Christians for **Christian** fellowship. Which is religious in nature.

But if he is like most Christians, I cannot
                      assume that he would exclude others from friendship. Since he is not in this forum to defend his post, I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand, let me ask you something -- do you have a bug up your butt over the post that most would think is innocuous? Because I think you DO, sir. Because that's the only way someone would "read" something into a post that isn't there.

He has posted the same thing on a regular basis, wouldn't you think that might be more appropriate on one of the Christian nudist websites? Also, please see my reply to Von
                      Regular? Several posts made four or five years ago?

OK.....

Comment

I think it's every bodies right to choose who their friends are so we should look at the post - If a Christian decide whether we want to be his friend and act accordingly and if not Christian then we just IGNORE THE POST - no worries

Personally I am prepared to be a friend of anybody who is prepared to be my friend regardless of their religious or non religious beliefs. I would only suggest that californiabare2002's attitude to have friends that are only Christians may cause him to be narrow minded in the long run - as it would anybody who only has friends who have the same beliefs or like the same activities. e.g. all Buddists, all Christians, all nudists, all white, all Jewish etc (the list is endless).

JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by usuallylurk:
                          quote:
                          Please review his prior posts. If he repeatedly has posted that he wishes to meet "Christian nudists for fellowship" does that sound like he is open to meeting non-Christians for fellowship?
                          I can't make an assumption like that. And neither can you.
                          You can make just that assumption if you look at the scenario without being defensive.[COLOR:RED][/COLOR]
                          I can make an assumption - that when he posted this, He would like to meet other Christians for **Christian** fellowship. Which is religious in nature.

But if he is like most Christians, I cannot
                          assume that he would exclude others from friendship. You can't? He has approximatley 20 posts. Out of those 20 just about 20 of them state that he is seeking Christians. Does that sound like he is being inclusive instead of exclusive? Since he is not in this forum to defend his post, I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand, let me ask you something -- do you have a bug up your butt over the post that most would think is innocuous? Because I think you DO, sir. Because that's the only way someone would "read" something into a post that isn't there.You are very good at stating the obvious. Yes, this post does bother me. Yes, discrimination bothers me. It wasn't more then a generation ago that a community near here had a sign up at the village limit that stated "RESTRICTED COMMUNITY-Jews and Negroes not allowed."

Regardles of if it's based on marital status, gender, gender identification,age, color, religion, race or physical ability I don't accept discrimination.

He has posted the same thing on a regular basis, wouldn't you think that might be more appropriate on one of the Christian nudist websites? Also, please see my reply to Von
                          Regular? Several posts made four or five years ago?Please see my comment regarding the percentage of his posts based on this.

OK.....

Now, everyone gets to pig pile on me. I won't be here for the next few days. Enjoy yourselves.

Comment

Now, everyone gets to pig pile on me. I won't be here for the next few days. Enjoy yourselves
                            I'm not enjoying it. I'm not being "defensive".

But if you ask the group to pigpile on someone over a short string of five-year old, relatively innocuous posts, WHICH YOU ATTEMPTED TO DO ... don't be surprised if they decide to do the same to you.

Comment

NudeTopher;

I was attempting to make a point and all missed it. Both, you and I agree that it is wrong for someone to attempt to convert someone else.

When I am studying Talmud, I prefer to do this in an all-Jewish setting. This is because when we get into understanding verses of the Bible, the interpretations are not necessarily those that Christian scholars, Islamic scholars, and secular scholars share. I am attempting to better understand the traditional Jewish understanding and I am not interested in the other viewpoints at that time.

I understand that Christians may want to also study their beliefs with other Christians to gain a better understanding.

In other settings, it is interesting to contrast the different interpretations. In those settings a mix of scholars from different traditions is preferred.

My point is that I want to practice my Judaism without interference. I also believe it is fine for others to practice Christianity. I will not impose my views on others and don’t want them to impose theirs on me. I also don’t have to accept others into all of my gatherings and others have the same right.

I have learned that when Christians say fellowship they are not referring to simply hanging out. They will be sharing a religious experience. I don’t wish to participate in that sort of experience. I don’t object to their doing so and appreciate knowing it is a setting I would prefer to avoid.

Comment

Working...
                              X