Youth is the future ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youth is the future ?

Youth is the future in keeping naturism alive ?

Youth is the future in keeping naturism alive ?

Comment

I would like to know who the three people are who voted "NO" to the question, and why?

Comment

RT here again, I would like to know why they voted no. I rerspect there decission to vote no but I would appreciate an explanation why.

RT

Comment

I don't do polls, so I'm not voting in this one either. However, if I were to vote I'd vote no.

Before I go into that, let me point out that the poll does not define "youth." My comments are based on the understanding that this age segment runs from about 12 through high school.

There are many activities that depend upon recruiting adults for their future growth and vigor. Two examples of this are the military and churches, and I believe that naturism is a third example.

All of the branches of military service in the US have some form of youth program, but these programs are not the main source of new recruits. The main source is the pool of young adults who are interested in serving their country and/or who would like a job with extraordinary educational benefits.

Nearly every church has its own youth program, but for many years it has been true that most youth do not remain in the church in which they grew up. Some just drop out, while many, many others move away. Churches depend for their continuity upon recruiting adults, who are able to provide leadership and to support financially.

Naturism is in the same situation. Nude recreation has become a huge movement in the US (not yet a majority movement, but huge), but most who now participate are adults who didn't learn to appreciate social nudity as children or youth.

Yes, I know this view runs contrary to what is commonly said. Please note that what I have expressed is not all the same as saying that youth is not important to the military, the churches, or to naturism. Youth programs are and should always be of high importance to each of these categories. However, the poll question asks if youth is the future of naturism. No, it is not.

One could better say that the future of naturism is in the internet, which has had a huge influence on the expansion of nude recreation. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Very good reply. Perhaps we should have discussions of the poll topic before voting. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

I voted "yes" as I believe that it is very important to get young people ( youths/children) to pave the way for the future. The earlier that people accept nudity as a natural way of life, then so much the better.

True it could be argued that children of parent smokers for example may or may not smoke, so therefore children of nudist/naturist parents may or may not become nudists/naturists. However the obstacle that has to be knocked out of the way, is the problem of body acceptance, and the old age idiom of "Don't knock it until you've tried it" seems very important to the future of people not necessarily becoming nudists/naturist, but accepting those who choose this way of life.
              The more "youth" that are encouraged to adopt this lifestyle, so much the better. At a younger age they are more likely to accept than reject, and therefore become fully "converted".

Comment

Yeah kids should be able to try nudism out, but not all will accept it as their lifestyle preference. Few will become bigger nudists than their parents (like I have)

Comment

Of course it's important to get young people involved in naturism but that is only part of it. To assert without qualification that "Youth is the future in keeping naturism alive" is nonsense.

It's equally important to:

- change attitudes of non-nudists of all ages through normalizing nudity (e.g. by mainstream advertising of nudist venues, by celebrity endorsement of nudism etc)

- remove legal barriers to public nudity

- remove cultural barriers which currently discourage some social and ethnic groups from participating.

Comment

Hi luvnaturism

Sorry but you have hit a nerve with your reply to my poll and I have to reply.

Why is it that every thing revolves around religion in the American culture ? There is more that one form of religion in this world and when the world respects that there are many religions in this world the world will be a better place.

I'm not religious in any form but I won't go into my reasoning in this post. I respects people believes in various forms of religion as long as they don't push it down my throat.

Thats enough of my cheese and crackers about religion.

Now, this section of the INA Forum is for Youth in there teens and twenty's as the discription says in the introduction to this section, I didn't thing I had to explain my meaning of the word youth in this section.

My apologies if I upset anyone with my comments but I had to say what I said to put my head at ease.

RT

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by RT:
                      [qb]Hi luvnaturism

Sorry but you have hit a nerve with your reply to my poll and I have to reply.

Why is it that every thing revolves around religion in the American culture ? . . . . Now, this section of the INA Forum is for Youth in there teens and twenty's as the discription says in the introduction to this section, I didn't thing I had to explain my meaning of the word youth in this section.RT[/qb]
                      I thought my maverick point of view might hit a nerve with someone, but not in the way it seems to have bothered RT.

RT, my previous post doesn't discuss religion. It merely uses two major institutions of our society as examples.

Actually this section is oriented toward "young" naturists rather than "youth" naturists. The two words don't mean the same thing; "youth" is a more restrictive turn. It wasn't my intention to criticize anyone. I was merely trying to write clearly so that I might be understood.

It's a beautiful day. Live nude and be happy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I had to vote yes because the youth are our future not just in naturism but in all aspects of life. The younger one is, the more he has in front of him. All of us can affect the future, but they have the opportunity to affect more of it.

Bob S.

Comment

Hi again luvnaturism

Sorry if I offended you with my comments but I feel very strong about respecting peoples believes and about pushing various religions down peoples throats.

When you say "our society" I hope you are meaning American society and not generalising the rest of the world as being the same believes about the military and/or religion ?

I will leave this subject alone because I don't want to offend any one.

I am 22 and have grown up as a naturist and believe that youth is the future of keeping naturism alive. I belong to a youth group down here in Australia but it's only a group that does everything together and not an official Youth Group.

Well, I'm up for the next shower, just had an awesome day at Cobblers beach with some naturist mates ans Matt ( a some what converted naturist).

Once again my apologies if I have offended anyone with my comments.

RT

RT

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by RT:
                            [qb]Sorry if I offended you with my comments ....

I will leave this subject alone because I don't want to offend any one....

Once again my apologies if I have offended anyone with my comments.
                            [/qb]
                            Don't keep apologizing! If anyone is offended simply because you challenge their views or offer an alternative opinion then they are the one with the problem not you.

The only reason anyone should be offended on this forum is when people resort to personal abuse or inflammatory language to support their views.

Rik

Comment

RT, I agree completely with Rik. You didn't offend me, and I don't see how you might have offended anyone else. The only posting that offends me is the one that attacks the character or beliefs of a person or group.

Forums are dull places without some lively disagreements. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X