Telling your mum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telling your mum

I was telling some people this story on the live chat here on Clothesfree, and they suggested i post my story here as it may help people thinking about telling their parents. So here it is, i'm 30 and care for my mum who had a knee replacement 4 years ago. I have been a naturist since i was 21, but had never told my mum. I decided last August that i should tell her, I decided i would tell her in a letter. This may seem really cowardly, but my mum has a bad habit of interupting you when you are trying to tell her something. This way i would be able to tell her everything, without interuption. I wrote the letter, and gave it to her, and told her i would be upstairs if she had any questions. About 3 of the longest minutes of my life later, she called me. I came downstairs and she told me she already knew and had no problem with me been a naturist. When i went swimming my costume was never wet, and then she read an acticle in the paper about naturism and put two and two together. She said she never understood why i never told her but decided i would when i was ready. I felt a right fool, all that worrying for nothing. At the time i so stunned by the turn of events, i never thought about asking about been nude round the house. It was only afterwards, that i started thinking about this. When home i would wear a t-shirt and jogging bottoms, so i started just wearing jogging bottoms. At first my mum would just make comments like "your in hot blood today", but after the first 2 or 3 times she stopped commenting. I've slept nude since i was 18, and my mum knew this. So a couple of months later i started leaving my bedroom door open. My bedroom is right opposite my mums, so i'm sure she saw me naked from behind more than once. I gave this about 3 months, and then i started walking to and from the bathroom naked. Then about a month ago the weather over here in the uk really warmed up. Because of her knee replacement my mum can only make the journey upstairs twice aday. Once in the morning, and once at night. So i was upstairs naked, and it was time to cook supper. It was really hot, so i decided to come downstairs naked. My mum just commented something like "it is unbearably hot today", and she never made another comment about it. She next morning we had a chat, and she said she did'nt mind me been naked upstairs, but did'nt want me naked downstairs or in the garden. Mainly because of our neightbours both sides having young children, and if i'm seen and they complained the headline of children see naked man would'nt get much sympathy and she did'nt want me getting in trouble. But looking at the whole picture a year ago i would never have believed you if you told me i would have told my mum about my nudism and would be comfortable enough to walk around naked at home. Next step his to tell all my friends, as so far only my best friend knows. So i hope my story maybe helps people, just remember its never as bad a you imagine it going to be.

I was telling some people this story on the live chat here on Clothesfree, and they suggested i post my story here as it may help people thinking about telling their parents. So here it is, i'm 30 and care for my mum who had a knee replacement 4 years ago. I have been a naturist since i was 21, but had never told my mum. I decided last August that i should tell her, I decided i would tell her in a letter. This may seem really cowardly, but my mum has a bad habit of interupting you when you are trying to tell her something. This way i would be able to tell her everything, without interuption. I wrote the letter, and gave it to her, and told her i would be upstairs if she had any questions. About 3 of the longest minutes of my life later, she called me. I came downstairs and she told me she already knew and had no problem with me been a naturist. When i went swimming my costume was never wet, and then she read an acticle in the paper about naturism and put two and two together. She said she never understood why i never told her but decided i would when i was ready. I felt a right fool, all that worrying for nothing. At the time i so stunned by the turn of events, i never thought about asking about been nude round the house. It was only afterwards, that i started thinking about this. When home i would wear a t-shirt and jogging bottoms, so i started just wearing jogging bottoms. At first my mum would just make comments like "your in hot blood today", but after the first 2 or 3 times she stopped commenting. I've slept nude since i was 18, and my mum knew this. So a couple of months later i started leaving my bedroom door open. My bedroom is right opposite my mums, so i'm sure she saw me naked from behind more than once. I gave this about 3 months, and then i started walking to and from the bathroom naked. Then about a month ago the weather over here in the uk really warmed up. Because of her knee replacement my mum can only make the journey upstairs twice aday. Once in the morning, and once at night. So i was upstairs naked, and it was time to cook supper. It was really hot, so i decided to come downstairs naked. My mum just commented something like "it is unbearably hot today", and she never made another comment about it. She next morning we had a chat, and she said she did'nt mind me been naked upstairs, but did'nt want me naked downstairs or in the garden. Mainly because of our neightbours both sides having young children, and if i'm seen and they complained the headline of children see naked man would'nt get much sympathy and she did'nt want me getting in trouble. But looking at the whole picture a year ago i would never have believed you if you told me i would have told my mum about my nudism and would be comfortable enough to walk around naked at home. Next step his to tell all my friends, as so far only my best friend knows. So i hope my story maybe helps people, just remember its never as bad a you imagine it going to be.

Comment

Some nice curtains would keep you from being seen by outsiders and if you take a look around the house, it usually is very easy to make it "nude comfortable". Your mother is being cautious because she is not a home nudist and is probably not thinking of the things to help you stay naked and keep neighbors from seeing in.

Comment

Very nice story. Seems like she should have made statements a long time ago, when she first suspected you were a nudist. I guess parents really 'know' more than one thinks.

Comment

I think that lots of parents want to treat their grown-up kids as grownups. That often means observing but withholding comment until the "no-longer-a-kid-but-now-an-adult" brings it up.

Our kids are all grown and gone. My wife and I see a lot of things that we'd be glad to talk about, but we're determined to respect our offspring's adulthood by not invading their lives. Therefore we wait to be invited into their private thoughts and behaviors. Sometimes that invitation is given, and sometimes not; but our relationship stays strong.

My guess is that there are a lot younger adults like NudeDudeuk whose parent's already know that they enjoy being nude at times, and who in any event would respect and accept the decisions that their adults kids have made.

Comment

Working...
          X