Stoke Swim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoke Swim

Just got back from the Stoke on Trent Swim last night, it was the best event I've ever been to.

To those of you I met, Hi, I hope you had as good a time as I did. Chris and Adrian, If you've made it here, what do you think of the site?

If anyone is here in the UK and wants a fun night in a cool water park, then this has to be the one, they hold 3 a year and we've booked up for the next one already. There were so many young people there it was really cool.

I saw several YBN people though Ben (roversfan) couldnt make it :-( See you next time though?

Its nice to post something possitive for a change!

Bryony.

Just got back from the Stoke on Trent Swim last night, it was the best event I've ever been to.

To those of you I met, Hi, I hope you had as good a time as I did. Chris and Adrian, If you've made it here, what do you think of the site?

If anyone is here in the UK and wants a fun night in a cool water park, then this has to be the one, they hold 3 a year and we've booked up for the next one already. There were so many young people there it was really cool.

I saw several YBN people though Ben (roversfan) couldnt make it :-( See you next time though?

Its nice to post something possitive for a change!

Bryony.

Comment

Hey Bryony.

Glad you enjoyed it at the swim and that you were able to meet up with other YBN members whilst there, (sorry I couldnt make it) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Now that you have had a chance to meet up with some of the members have you given any thought to joining YBN yourself ? Hopefully Chris gave you a flyer with my email address on but if not you can do from the website.

I will be at the next Stoke event though as we have a weekend planned that will incorporate a trip there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Speak to you soon,

Ben

Comment

Any idea when the next one is scheduled for?

Rik

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Bryony H:
          [qb]If anyone is here in the UK and wants a fun night in a cool water park, then this has to be the one, [/qb]
          From articles I've seen in architecture magazines, books and a few other places about indoor pools in the UK they absolutly blow away indoor pools in the USA! I'd love to go to a nude swim at an indoor pool with waves, water slides, and more. (Heck I'd just like to see some pictues of nudist event at a place like that) Here we are lucky just to find an old fashioned basic lap pool to use. There are very few indoor pools in the U.S. that are much more than lap pools. (Although that is changing but the UK and Europe are years ahead of us) If I ever get to Europe I really think I'd prefer to go in the Winter, so I could go to some naturist swims in some of those great lesure centre swimming pools!

Nate

Comment

Glad to hear you enjoyed it Bryony - was that you with the YBN gang? It was a 'cool' water park - the air temperature was lower than usual for some reason. Also the water level in the pool was around 4 inches lower than normal (even the lifeguard I asked didn't know why!) with the result that I've got some spectacular bruises on my knee and thigh from hitting the floor/people in the rapids!

I said 'Hi' to Chris (we'd met before at the 2001 BN AGM where we discovered that neither of us could play miniten) who was flying the flag (or rather the T-shirt) for YBN in the corner near the childrens slides.

A couple who have been occasional visitors to the Wirral Naturist Club swims at Chester were there - with six friends/family members who were in their 20's and all new to naturism on Saturday night. Talk about throwing them in at the deep end! Despite being far too old to join YBN, I did my bit for the cause by pointing Chris (and someone else - Adrian?) in their direction.

The next two naturist evenings at Waterworld, Festival Park, Stoke-on-Trent are on Saturday 7th June and Saturday 1st November. 7pm to 10.30pm - admission ?6.00 adults and ?2.50 for children. Entrance is by advance ticket ONLY from James & Cath Carey, 36 Laburnum Road, Telford, Shropshire, TF2 6QN - cheques payable to 'C Carey'. Please also enclose a stamped addressed envelope.

Jon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi Ben,

Been away this week so havn't answered you yet, I have not got my CCBN stuff through yet :-( and will join YBN when it arrives. I also hope to join you at the Telford Weekend as that sound cool!

JonR

We were next to the group with the YBN sign (t-shirt)
              there were so many faces I'm sure we probably saw each other but didn't meet. What a night! I'm looking forward to the next one and will try to get some more people up from the clubs we go to, In the mean time,

Keep happy and nude!

Bryony.

Comment

HI Bryony.

Email me (to the either of the address that I sent you in the private message) and I will add you to the mailing list anyway, this way you can keep up to date with all of the news and events etc whilst waiting for the membership card to come through.

Speak to you soon, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ben

Comment

Working...
                X