IN PRAISE OF NATIVE-AMERICAN TEEN-AGERS AT NUDIST RESORT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IN PRAISE OF NATIVE-AMERICAN TEEN-AGERS AT NUDIST RESORT

Before their big week-end Pow-Wow, some Native-American (American Indian) families arrived a few days early at the nudist resort at Union City, Michigan, over two months ago. Some rented accommodations in the lodge of 21 sleeping rooms where I had rented a room. This lodge has large common-use areas for lodge residents. The Native-American teenagers at this lodge were truly great - considerate, cheerful, outgoing, talkative, alert, nicely educated, and a joy to be around in the common-use areas. They certainly deserve all public praise and "world-wide" recognition.

Before their big week-end Pow-Wow, some Native-American (American Indian) families arrived a few days early at the nudist resort at Union City, Michigan, over two months ago. Some rented accommodations in the lodge of 21 sleeping rooms where I had rented a room. This lodge has large common-use areas for lodge residents. The Native-American teenagers at this lodge were truly great - considerate, cheerful, outgoing, talkative, alert, nicely educated, and a joy to be around in the common-use areas. They certainly deserve all public praise and "world-wide" recognition.

Comment

I am probably interpreting this wrong, but what do you mean by "nicely educated?"

Comment

i dont think he meant it in a deragoitory way, i think he just meant that they werent ignorant.

Comment

Tia,
          I agree that my wording is a bit awkward, which causes you to wonder what I meant. I almost used the common wording of "well educated" but thought that wording might convey that they were college educated. Most were not quite old enough for that.

I wanted to convey the idea that, according to my impression at least, they certainly were not poorly educated young persons, but just the opposite.

My impressions were formed from 38 years as a state employee in the Department of Social Services, beginning in year 1950. The education level of persons I interviewed increased dramatically throughout the years.

I am tremendously impressed with the obvious education level and ability of most everyone on this board. I have asked myself, "For the most part, are only the above average persons posting on this board and not representative of the population at large who possibly do not use computers as much?"

A much higher percentage of persons get a college education these days than at any time in our history. I think the terms "nice education" and "good education" (words "nice" and "good" being value judgements) may be relative to time, place, circumstance as well as values.

Tia, I hope I have not rambled nor annoyed, and I hope I have given a better idea of what I meant and how I view it. Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
          X