new to all this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to all this

Hey there, I posted in the "new naturists" part of the board but didn't see this part till this morning.

My name's Brian & i'm from NJ. I'm 21 so I figured this would be a great place to start with people around my age that know what it's like to be new at all this.

I've been a closet nudist for a few yrs now....not sure why but I guess it feels better, for lack of a better explanation.

I've never done anything outside of the home mostly because I don't know anyone that does this. There's a resort supposidly 10-20 min away from me in a town nearby...but since I wouldn't know anyone i'd rather not start there.

I can be pretty shy around girls in general so going somewhere with alot of people of all ages, all nude, by myself probably wouldn't be the best thing.

I'd like to possibly go to a small nudist gathering, or even if I did go someplace bigger...if I went with someone it'd probably put me at ease.

I could do all this gradually so I wouldn't completly freak out...which I can see happening.

Anywayz, does anyone have any other good sites/forums I could check out as well?

Anyone wants to chat i'm always open [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Thanks

Brian

Hey there, I posted in the "new naturists" part of the board but didn't see this part till this morning.

My name's Brian & i'm from NJ. I'm 21 so I figured this would be a great place to start with people around my age that know what it's like to be new at all this.

I've been a closet nudist for a few yrs now....not sure why but I guess it feels better, for lack of a better explanation.

I've never done anything outside of the home mostly because I don't know anyone that does this. There's a resort supposidly 10-20 min away from me in a town nearby...but since I wouldn't know anyone i'd rather not start there.

I can be pretty shy around girls in general so going somewhere with alot of people of all ages, all nude, by myself probably wouldn't be the best thing.

I'd like to possibly go to a small nudist gathering, or even if I did go someplace bigger...if I went with someone it'd probably put me at ease.

I could do all this gradually so I wouldn't completly freak out...which I can see happening.

Anywayz, does anyone have any other good sites/forums I could check out as well?

Anyone wants to chat i'm always open [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Thanks

Brian

Comment

Brain, since you are in NJ the place to go would be Sandy Hook but of course you will have ot wait until the summer. You will have a great time there. The beach is large so you can sit alone or mix with the crowds. I use to go there all the time when I lived in NJ.

Comment

Hiya guys, I'd like to go to one of these beaches sometime but I usually go away for the summer.

Since that's a few months down the road i'd like to see what I could do now.

Like I said in the earlier post....if I could find a group of people that live in NJ or a forum where I could post, then I could find small nudist gatherings from that, individual people, etc.

I could go to a gethering to get used to it or even better, go with someone I might've met in a forum & started talking to.... or go with people to a resort/club or something of the like.

Comment

The next question would be, "Where DO you go for the summer"? Maybe we can find you a place to start there.
          Steve

Comment

Non landed clubs and groups is a great way to initiate into nudism even in the winter or off months, as most non landed clubs have functions at swim clubs, private homes, hot tubs, etc. or reserve space at other facilities indoors during the winter months. Here in N. CA I belong to one which rents a scuba diving center, or has functions at different members houses in the evenings, weekends etc, and all bring pot luck dishes so its a fun time for all, single, couples, children and families, plus always good snacks and eats.

Search on INA, or the links to Nudist clubs in N.J. and iam sure you will find something you can go to and start socializing nude and natural.

NakedGary

Comment

Hi

In Paramus they have nude indoor pool socials about 1x a month

I can send info if you like
              Marc
              [email protected]

Comment

Hi
                I to have been to these socials.
                I have met many new friends my age
                I am 28
                Fell free to ask any quetions you might have
                Chris

Comment

Devilshockey

a quick INA search on Nudist Explorer results in these N.J. facilities:

New Jersey
                  Naturist associations and non-landed clubs

Friends of Gunnison
                  http://hometown.aol.com/foghornnj/myhomepage

Northern Exposure Sun Club
                  http://geocities.com/northernexposuresunclub

Rock Lodge Club
                  http://www.rocklodge.com/

Resorts, clubs, camps

Sky Farm - Oldest nudist club in the U. S.
                  http://www.skyfarm.com

Clothing-optional beaches

Directory to NY and NJ Nude Beaches
                  http://members.aol.com/juvenation/private/beach1.html

Gunnison Beach, Sandy Hook, NJ
                  http://adminstaff.vassar.edu/fitzwil...nison_nf.shtml

"NakedGary"

Comment

devilshockey

another member posts this from N.J. in "General, New Naturists, Details of first Nude Swim:

melissastarr
                    New User
                    Member # 5684

Member Rated:
                    posted 21-11-2003 03:04 AM
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Hi All,

Well, now you get details of my SECOND nude event.... since you asked! (I promise not to continue to the event-by-event action when I get to my hundredth event LOL) The event was "Saturday Nude at the Movies" with a small group in Southern NJ (around 45 minutes away from me.) I'd been talking to Tom from the group in long e-mails for a week or so before the event and, of couse, knew of Cheef Dan beforehand. The event was FABULOUS! It had to be the most healing and moving night of my life.

Comment

I'll have to talk to melissastarr then, sounds like she felt how I fell now lol

quote:
                      The next question would be, "Where DO you go for the summer"? Maybe we can find you a place to start there. Steve
                      well, what i've been doing wouldn't work probably...i've worked at a summer camp the last 6-7 yrs. Former camper there & grew to love it...might not be able to continue since I need to start looking for a full-time job.

I'd like to go back 1 more yr this upcomming summer to finish it up...

What are some of those membership groups that if your a member of help to get you into nudist-related places?

Comment

It's good to have a fellow hockey fan at this site. The Penguins and the Hawks stink this year, so I may as well cheer on the Devils.

There, I got that out of my system. Welcome to the wonderful world of naturism, big guy. I hope you like it.

Comment

I find it necessary to inform that my club,
                          Northern Exposure Sun Club,
                          is placed on the New Jersey list in error on Nudist Explorer.

We are located in New York State.
                          Our old website is still under NY on Nudist Explorer,
                          but is no longer in operation.

Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

Hey, how about those Red Wings!
                            Last I knew they were doing OK.

Comment

I'm 27 in Brooklyn NY, been doing the naked thing since I was 19.

I was always really curious about it, and while in college I looked up info about a place to go skinneydipping and just went. I went early so it wouldn't be so crowded, and it wasn't. After about 15 minutes I started stripping slowly. After about an hour there I was comfortable enough to walk around naked and talk to people. I loved the feeling of being naked outdoors and now try to whenever I can.

I would recomend maybe doing something like that at Sandy Hook. You can get undressed at your own place, find a place to yourself, and then get comfortable.

In the winter there is a group that rents out a pool in paramus every so often. They are very nice and there are some other young people there too. There is also a group in Wantaugh Long Island. Otherwise I just go naked at home, and I do have some friends I hang out naked with sometimes here which is cool too.

Good luck at your start with nudism. If you have any questions or want to do something I'm available.

Comment

Working...
                              X