Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is worse with nudity? The Taliban or the Puritans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who is worse with nudity? The Taliban or the Puritans?

This is really hard to decide. The Puritans couldnt order legs breasts or thighs as chicken. they hated nudity so much they didnt bathe. they even put cloth on their table legs. I hope we all know about Taliban. by the way, if i give you a nickname, dont get mad.

This is really hard to decide. The Puritans couldnt order legs breasts or thighs as chicken. they hated nudity so much they didnt bathe. they even put cloth on their table legs. I hope we all know about Taliban. by the way, if i give you a nickname, dont get mad.

Comment

Earlier this year there was a news report about Islamic extremists driving young girls back into their burning school because the girls weren't fully covered (weren't wearing their burquas). Yes, they died in the fire.

The Puritans wouldn't have done that, and neither would the vast majority of Muslems. But there are some truly evil people among the Taliban and other militant groups.

Comment

the taliban see women as cattle with men free to do as they please. they are clearly worse than the puritans. at least the puritans would not send women back into a burning building (probably because they needed them at home working hard).

nicknames, eh!!! hmm, sounds like another post subject??

Comment

well, surely the Puritans may not have been in the habit of sending women back into burning buildings as a RULE per se, but in 1692, about 55 miles north of where I live, they certainly did do their share of burning...

lest we forget.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by cmj912:
            [qb] well, surely the Puritans may not have been in the habit of sending women back into burning buildings as a RULE per se, but in 1692, about 55 miles north of where I live, they certainly did do their share of burning...

lest we forget. [/qb]
            Let me assure you, they did not. The supposed witches were actually hung. Extravagant historians and J. K. Rowling contribute to the idea they were burned. I suggest you read Arthur Miller's The Crucible. It is a thoroughly researched historical fiction play.

Comment

Neither the Puritans or Taliban were, or are right. However, I believe the Puritans were doing what they truely though was in the best interest of the people in their society. The Taliban are a group of extremist that believe in TERRORISM.

Comment

The Puritans were strict, no doubt about it. But they are not the worst of the two.

The Taliban have been known to beat and kill women just for not covering the ankles.

Comment

[/qb][/QUOTE]Let me assure you, they did not. The supposed witches were actually hung. Extravagant historians and J. K. Rowling contribute to the idea they were burned. I suggest you read Arthur Miller's The Crucible. It is a thoroughly researched historical fiction play. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Whoops. Right. I was thinking of Europe. Silly me.

Still, I think one person implicated was sentenced to death by pressing with stones. At the time, I believe that was the penalty for refusing to stand trial.

It stands to reason you could probably be beaten in Puritan times for showing some ankle. I saw a walking stick manufactured during Victorian times with a woman's foot on it (with shoe and sock on, no less) that the evaluator said "would have been quite risque".

Anyway, sorry for the inaccuracies. Tough crowd.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by cmj912:
                    [qb] Still, I think one person implicated was sentenced to death by pressing with stones. At the time, I believe that was the penalty for refusing to stand trial.[/qb]
                    That would be Giles Corey. He had created a list of people unhappy with the jailing of John Proctor (a good man in the town, but somewhat radical). He presented the petition to the judge (Judge Hawthorne), who then took it and issued warrants for everyone for going against the court. Giles Corey later said that his neighbor (Francis Putnam) was accusing people (of witchcraft mostly) so they would loose their land to the gov't, then he could buy it.

Think of it as a massive amount of corruption...

Back to the point: The Puritans weren't that strict. They realized to bathe, you had to be nude. To change clothing you had to be nude, and that it's best to sleep nude (even though brothers/sisters/friends may have slept in the same bed). I don't know much about the Taliban, but I know that the Puritans weren't 'bad' with nudity. They just believed that it wasn't required in excess.

Comment

Clothes areint needed in excess either, hell, besides climate and other conditions people dont need clothing at all. I think people can be nude 90% of the time without any hassle. Seems kinda weird that the puritans allowed both sexes to sleep nude in the same bed, that isnt what they teach us over here. I guess they dont want us to know that, because if we actually knew nudity was good then we'd all want to do it and the extremeists dont want to lose their power and the fashion industry doesnt wanna lose its sales.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by NW Nude:
                        [qb] ... I believe the Puritans were doing what they truely though was in the best interest of the people in their society. The Taliban are a group of extremist that believe in TERRORISM. [/qb]
                        You're completely wrong there (watching too much CNN perhaps). The Taliban do what they do because they believe that it is in the best interests of their society, and that individuals have no rights (not even the right to live) when those interests are threatened. Part of those "best interests of their society" is the concept that men are in total control.

Murray

Comment

heres a something i heard: the engagement ring
                          got its begining somewhere around this time.
                          puritans were not all that pure. the ring was in case the female became preggers, and the man did not marry her; the family had a payment.non-virgins were hard to marry off back then. once promised in marriage they could and did have sex.
                          the taliban killed women just for being women it seemed. one woman was beaten and her leg broken because she showed a flash of ankle,lifted her leg too high or slipped and fell;i forget which.

Comment

You're completely wrong there (watching too much CNN perhaps). The Taliban do what they do because they believe that it is in the best interests of their society, and that individuals have no rights (not even the right to live) when those interests are threatened. Part of those "best interests of their society" is the concept that men are in total control.

Murray
                            -------------------------------------------------

Well however you word it, it seems to be terrorism to me. These people half of the time seem to enjoy what they do more than doing whats in the best interest of their country. They probably kill all sorts of people that dont have or dont want anything to do with their country at all. I think the terrorists are the ones who dont have the right to live, but theyre just lucky that our coutry doesnt beleive in that and we'd rather capture and arrest half of them even though theyd kill us all quite brutally if given half the chance. As for the taliban women over there, I think the men underestimate them, if it wasnt for the fear the men place on them and for the sheer amount of men outnumbering them, im sure alot of those women would just as soon shoot those men and run off. I wouldnt blame them though, they would be free and itd save us all the time and trouble. Too bad someone cant help us find Binladen. If he were that Gough guy all we'd have to do is wait for him to break a public offense law then we could walk down to the local jail and apprehend him, if the people didnt shoot him first for resisting them. That would be funny though to see Binladen say "I wasnt doing anything, I was just out for a quiet little jog, I didnt mean to offend or alarm anyone". I bet Stu wouldnt show him any mercy if he found him. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Certainly, I highly doubt the Puritans, if it had been within their power, would have flown two highjacked airliners into skyscrapers, with the intent of maximizing the body count as much as possible.
                              Islam, without a doubt, is the most repressive, barbaric society in existance. And if it were not for the PC-laden mainstream media today, we'd all see firsthand just HOW repressive it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X