Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are all the younger nudists/naturists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the younger nudists/naturists?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here and I'm looking for help already!

Im 17f in the SouthWest UK and have started going with my boyfriend to a swim near home, the only thing is that I am the only person under about 50 (apart from my boyfriend) are there any other young people who I could meet with to share this part of my life with?

BTW It was my suggestion to start going nude, but I have to say that my first encounters with other nudes was a bit off putting... on a nude beach in Dorset our first time out was spoilt with loads of single men gawping and trying to take pictures, the swims are better but still no-one of my age.

anyone out there?

Bryony H

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here and I'm looking for help already!

Im 17f in the SouthWest UK and have started going with my boyfriend to a swim near home, the only thing is that I am the only person under about 50 (apart from my boyfriend) are there any other young people who I could meet with to share this part of my life with?

BTW It was my suggestion to start going nude, but I have to say that my first encounters with other nudes was a bit off putting... on a nude beach in Dorset our first time out was spoilt with loads of single men gawping and trying to take pictures, the swims are better but still no-one of my age.

anyone out there?

Bryony H

Comment

Somewhere on this Board I posted about Rios ("naturist spa") - in Kentish Town. Same nonsense older blokes following the women around.

Don't give in, if you were on a clothed beach you would probably have the same hassle.

Also look at the thread below this one. It ain't fashionable at the moment amongst your peers I partly blame the media.

Comment

Well Bryony, how did you hear of the nude beaches? Were either you or your boyfriend raised in a nudist home? If so, this helps to know where some of the hidden enclaves are. Others your age are usually not into nudism and those that are usually have other non-nudist friends who would never want to go to a nude beach.

If you want to find others your age, you are gong to have a difficult journey, but there are others around.

Good luck.

Bob S.

Comment

Well, one possible solution would be to start to bring the subject up with your friends. Start by bringing it up as skinny dipping and gradually give them more info. I'm sure they will be quite interested. You may have to work on them a bit but the solution would be found. I was very secretive about this activity when I was your age but I found out as I got older the only things you regret in life are the opportunities that you never took. So take a chance get some of your friends at least curious about it eventually their own curiosity may bring them in.

Comment

Hey Bryony.

My name is Ben and Im the Youth OPfficer for British Naturism (CCBN). We have set up a group for Young naturists in the UK aged between 17 and 30 and we have close to 100 members since starting in January this year.

We go all over the UK and Europe arranging events at clubs, swims, beaches and pubs. The idea is to get Young people of (roughly) the same age who enjoy naturism together as there has been this feeling that it is practised by old people only and this is not true !feel freee to check out our website at
            www.british-naturism.org.uk/youth1.htm

and get in touch if you would like to find out more.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Ben Rose [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
            Youth Officer
            CCBN.

Comment

I never tried going to nude beaches before (still a closet nudist), but some nudist friends of mine have repeatedly mentioned the gawkers issue. Still, as said, even on a clothed beach you might run in to the same kind of trouble.. try joining a local group, or maybe check chatrooms and forums ta meet more people of the same age.. try netnude.com message boards..

Comment

I never tried going to nude beaches before (still a closet nudist), but some nudist friends of mine have repeatedly mentioned the gawkers issue. Still, as said, even on a clothed beach you might run in to the same kind of trouble.. n welcome to the boards anyway!

Comment

Hi all,

thanks for the suggestions, i've been watching here and reading a bit more from other threads, I hope to go to one of the Stoke swims, there are apparently many people my age there.

Is there anyone who would like to meet to go to swims in the UK?

Thanks again

Bryony.

Comment

I'm 17/m and live in the south-east UK, would love to go to a nudist swim event if it's not too far.

Comment

Hi Bryony.

I really would suggest you have a look at our website listed above as the group we set up was done so in order to give young people in the UK the opportunity to meet others of the same age and attend events - such as Stoke. (incidently, we will be going to Stoke and taking a mini bus from London for all those in the South.

The average age of the group is 25 (dead on) and there are currently 99 members. We attend swims all over the South East and our events for next year are also listed on the website.

Have a look at it and use the email address on there to contact me and let me know what you think.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Ben Rose
                      Youth Officer
                      CCBN

Comment

Hi Bryony,

I am hoping to get out to a few beaches in the south when it gets warm enough, along with a couple of friends of mine who will be getting married in May next year. My wife is also more than willing to come along though has not gone completely nude yet, even though we have all been skinny dipping a few times together.

We are an average age of about 28 and definitely up for having a good laugh on a beach and pub etc. afterwards. Basically we are nice folk! who enjoy good company - you and your boyfriend would be most welcome to come along, wherever we go, whenever that might be.

I am annoyed to hear about the trouble you had in Dorset (studland??) as I have been a few times and not really noticed anything like that before, although I did spot a few gawkers loitering at the far end of the nude section. Ignore them is what I say - their problem, not ours/yours.
                        However, we did go up into the dunes though where there is a little more privacy.

Anyway - let me know if you'd like to get in touch.

regards
                        Max

Comment

Hi Max.

The group of freinds you have there sound very similar to what we are trying to do. Please have a look at our website:

www.british/naturism.org.uk/youth1.htm

and get in touch if you want to know more.

Ben Rose [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                          Youth Officer
                          CCBN

Comment

Hi Max,

saw your post and yes, Studland was the venue that we encountered more than a few people who were not there to enjoy a naturist lifestyle! as for the dunes, there were more than a few 'meercat' watchers there who would bob up and down hoping to see and maybe not be seen.

My boyfriend and myself now attend several swims and still seem to be the only ones of our age in the area.

Ben,

We have sent off our CCBN membership form so we should meet soon! It is good to see that there are people who are looking out for the needs of the younger people among us.

Seasons greetings to everyone, we're looking forward to our first nude christmas so we better take care with the carving knife!

Bryony.

Comment

Bryony,

Yes - the dunes at Studland can be great for getting a bit of privacy but can also be 'great' for the 'meercats' as you amusingly call them!!!

We only saw a couple of these very obvious bobbers (both aged about 50 I might add) which was irritating although on a beach people look at people - its the same on a 'clothed' beach. My better half is not yet comfortable with what I would call 'social' nudity on a beach etc. but is perfectly happy at home.

I guess being male I can just take the attitude 'so what, let them look, the sad gits' but it's not men these guys generally stare at - if I was female I might be a little more unsettled.

Hence my extreme reluctance to go to a nude swim etc. on my own. One I enjoy doing things with my wife and two, I would want her to be with me both to enjoy it and to kind of 'prove' to other people that I am not a single nudist gawker, even though I hope that would become obvious after a while.

She is not ready to go and I haven't even broached the subject with her, as I'm pretty sure I know what her answer would be. She is just not bothered by the whole 'deal' of being nude and enjoys wearing her latest swimsuit!!

Just out of interest, where do have you been to swim - places in the south ??

Max

Comment

Working...
                              X