Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Naturist
    replied
    Congratulations, nudecase. The world needs more young people like you.

Gary

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I would like to see them also. It took a lot of courage to go against the grain and do what you did, nudecase. Most young people are too afraid of being rejected by their peers to do what you did. You risked rejection and ridicule to get artwork you knew wasn't indecent accepted into the nationals. Congratulations and I hope your work is enjoyed by all who see it.

Leave a comment:

• florida-david
    replied
    nudecase, glad to see you are keeping up my already high impression of you. is there any way you can post a picture of your artwork as i would personally love to see it!!!

keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• Ben_m
    replied
    WAY TO GO, NUDECASE!

I was absolutely tickled pink to read what you said about your drawings. And, I just couldn't keep myself from saying so. Like Outdoorbare said, if a cyberspace-based figure drawing group is of any use to you, please join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/figure_drawing_factory - all you'll need is a Yahoo id (and an e-mail id) - and both can be through Yahoo, and for free, if you don't already have them.

Ben.

Leave a comment:

• FLslimguy
    replied
    That's great to hear your story, Nudecase. It's apparent that your passion for your art and the passion that you have defending it helps your cause. It's the way you have to be as an artist. There was an old theory that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"...which is true today, however you can also add "make every event a media event" to that list. If you don't defend your art, no one else will either.

Out of curiosity, was the art nude male or nude female...or both? I always wonder if the problem that some people have with nude art relates to the gender shown.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Way to go Nudecase.....Wow!...I wish I'd had your spunk and drive 50 yrs ago..I doubt you'll be down on the farm much longer...Unless of course you want to be...Not a bad place to be really...Check out the yahoo group...The Figure Drawing Factory...If you'd like to have fun and sharpen your figure drawing skills... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] Best of Luck...Odb

Leave a comment:

• Rex
    replied
    Wonderful story, nudecase.
    Congratulations. The art world and the nudist world need people like you.

Leave a comment:

• nudecase
    replied
    Well then. I feel Better knowing that I'm not alone on this front. I am taking advanced studio art at my highschool and I brought in some sketches and paintings of nudes. They showed full nudity, but were not profane or indecent in any way. My art teacher loved them and entered them in a local art contest for highschools in my region. When I won the regional and went on to state, they would not accept my artwork because some conservative lunatic was ranting about ndecency in childrens minds and poisoned youth. So I had the art teacher set up a debate as to whether or not my art should be showed. After 3 hours of heated argument, it was decided that my art would not be shown. So I wrote speeches that I read to the students at lunch, circulated flyers to the student body and asked all who thought that my art was decent to mail angry letters to the superintendant. I love contriversy! In the end over 800 students mailed letters to the superintendant, needless to say, my art was accepted and I'm going to nationals!

Leave a comment:

• FLslimguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben_m:
    Moffett has been notified that Reflections organizers want to meet with her -- not to apologize, but "to educate her as to why her art was inappropriate."

What this is really indicative of is mind control. You WILL do this. You WILL NOT do that. If I had people trying to dictate what I should or shouldn't do in art, I might never have become the professional artist that I am today.

..and they wonder why some kids turn rebellious...

Leave a comment:

• Atlantis Buff
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by NuTex:
    [qb]
    Aaaarrgh! This is so irritating!
    NuTex [/qb]
    Yes, it is! The body isn't indecent by itself!

Leave a comment:

• NuTex
    replied
    Atlantis Buff wrote,
    quote:
    Those people in the PTA are either ignorant of the long tradition of Nudity in Baroque and Rennaisance Art, or they are just plain over protective.
    I agree. When she meets with them I hope she whips out a pic of Michelangelo's "David". Or maybe one of the "Bathers" by Renoir. Or Botticelli's "Birth of Venus" would be great.

Aaaarrgh! This is so irritating!
    NuTex

Leave a comment:

• Atlantis Buff
    replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ben_m:
    [qb]Moffett has been notified that Reflections organizers want to meet with her -- not to apologize, but "to educate her as to why her art was inappropriate." [/qb]
    Cheeze, this really makes me angry. If the PTA at the Jordan School district is acting this way, and gets their way, they (meaning the Granite School District) should remove the _Nude Descending a Staircase_ painting from the Cyprus High Art Hall.

Those people in the PTA are either ignorant of the long tradition of Nudity in Baroque and Rennaisance Art, or they are just plain over protective. Anyway, here is something from Baroque Art (Poussin's _Trimuph of Neptune_) that I think you all should enjoy.

Even Leonardo DaVinci did nude studies and paintings, as this painting of Leda and the Swan indicates.

Leave a comment:

• nudeM
    replied
    Being an avid listener of country music, I have to admit the Rex was correct in the 30 - 40 year range for that song, "Harper Valley P.T.A.". It was a huge hit for Jeannie C. Riley back in 1968. It's hard to believe it has been that long.

Leave a comment:

• Rex
    replied
    Thanks, cyndiann, I bet you look and sound great.
    Takes us all back a bit, doesn't it, outdoorbare?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rex:
    [qb] There was a popular song about 30---40 years ago called Harper Valley PTA.
    It was about a young mother being criticised for wearing attractive clothes, with the implication that, in the opinion of the local PTA, she was not a good mother to her daughter.
    She showed them up as a bunch of hypocrites.
    Anyone got the words? [/qb]
    I sing that at karaoke sometimes... naked of course!

I want to tell you all a story 'bout a Harper Valley widowed wife
    Who had a teenage daughter who attended Harper Valley Junior High
    Well her daughter came home one afternoon and didn't even stop to play
    She said, "Mom, I got a note here from the Harper Valley P.T.A."

The note said, "Mrs. Johnson, you're wearing your dresses way too high
    It's reported you've been drinking and a-runnin' 'round with men and going wild
    And we don't believe you ought to be bringing up your little girl this way"
    It was signed by the secretary, Harper Valley P.T.A.

Well, it happened that the P.T.A. was gonna meet that very afternoon
    They were sure surprised when Mrs. Johnson wore her mini-skirt into the room
    And as she walked up to the blackboard, I still recall the words she had to say
    She said, "I'd like to address this meeting of the Harper Valley P.T.A."

Well, there's Bobby Taylor sittin' there and seven times he's asked me for a date
    Mrs. Taylor sure seems to use a lot of ice whenever he's away
    And Mr. Baker, can you tell us why your secretary had to leave this town?
    And shouldn't widow Jones be told to keep her window shades all pulled completely down?

Well, Mr. Harper couldn't be here 'cause he stayed too long at Kelly's Bar again
    And if you smell Shirley Thompson's breath, you'll find she's had a little nip of gin
    Then you have the nerve to tell me you think that as a mother I'm not fit
    Well, this is just a little Peyton Place and you're all Harper Valley hypocrites

No I wouldn't put you on because it really did, it happened just this way
    The day my Mama socked it to the Harper Valley P.T.A.
    The day my Mama socked it to the Harper Valley P.T.A.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X